Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Hotel needed near TPE airport for overnight stay

Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle

I am planing to overnight in TPE end of November and I need a hotel recommendation for 1 night stay.
- arriving Sunday afternoon at TPE
- early morning flight to catch the following day (ard 6am to HKG)
- want to visit a friend in the city Sunday evening.

What would you recommend? I am looking for a cheap (clean) place to get a few hours of good night's sleep. I am unsure whether it makes sense to stay close to the airport?

Thank you for your well appreciated input!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Not much at the airport.

http://www.monarch-hotels.com.tw/en/index.php is a good hotel in Taoyuan (short trip from the airport). Used by many airlines for their crews.

But despite the early start, I think you're better off in Taipei.

The Riviera hotel is my favourite hotel. Excellent service at an excellent price. Pity you would have to leave way too early for the buffet breakfast.

http://www.rivierataipei.com/ is the website, but the best price is usually on www.expedia.co.uk, not sure about the .com version.

Check out TripAdvisor or whatever for reviews.

If your friend's Taiwanese or at least knows Taipei well there may be other more cost-effective solutions involving short-stay hotels. As I understand it, some of the massage/sauna/spa places let clients who turn up late stay until early morning for no extra charge. Not sure how that works if you're carrying luggage.

Last edited by jimbo99; Oct 31, 2009 at 11:48 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by jimbo99
The Riviera hotel is my favourite hotel. Excellent service at an excellent price. Pity you would have to leave way too early for the buffet breakfast.
I've stayed there many times back when I was working on a lot of projects in Taiwan. Great place and I would also recommend it.^
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
Thank you dear posters.
I am currently thinking about not booking any hotel at all and just spend the "saved" money for food and drinks in the city, then taking a cab at ard 3am to the airport, getting a shower there before heading to the CX lounge and boarding the 6.15am flight. It's probably the better choice for me. I am not too old yet for partying .
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Since this isn't a question about an airline/frequent flyer program I'll move this to the Asia forum.

Best,
Gary
aka gleff
Senior moderator
Old Oct 31, 2009, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Thank you dear posters.
I am currently thinking about not booking any hotel at all and just spend the "saved" money for food and drinks in the city, then taking a cab at ard 3am to the airport, getting a shower there before heading to the CX lounge and boarding the 6.15am flight. It's probably the better choice for me. I am not too old yet for partying .
Yeah, you can definitely keep yourself busy well into the wee hours of the morning in Taipei. I know I did more times than I can count!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Yep...

Perhaps someone can confirm what showering facilities are available at that time of the morning at TPE.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 3:11 am
Suspended

I can highly reccomend this one and the prices are superb, we actually have a contract rate with them if you need help http://www.beautyhotels.com.tw/en-us/index.asp I also stayed at Monarch last week, they always give me top floor romos and I still like this place after all the years
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: CX GO, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat Amb, MR Gold, Amex Plat
Check out the new airport hotel by Novotel
Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, sub $100 for now.

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-6701...rt/index.shtml
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
I am planing to overnight in TPE end of November and I need a hotel recommendation for 1 night stay.
- arriving Sunday afternoon at TPE
- early morning flight to catch the following day (ard 6am to HKG)
- want to visit a friend in the city Sunday evening.

What would you recommend? I am looking for a cheap (clean) place to get a few hours of good night's sleep. I am unsure whether it makes sense to stay close to the airport?

Thank you for your well appreciated input!
MAYBE it is too late for my reply but hope can be helpful.

If you have your onward boarding pass, try Evergreen transit hotel right inside Terminal 2 control area (after immigration), should let you avoid all traffic and get a good sleep. (free internet but kind of slow)
Choice for not holding a ownard boarding pass:
1. Novatel Taoyuan: right next to the airport with free shuttle access, you can get a great rate from China Airline website promotion (this hotel is owned by CI/CAL)
2. Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan: about 15-30 min by taxi depend on traffic condition (but they have no shuttle service) from TPE, this hotel is nice and clean and you can earn PC points.

good luck
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:38 am
HCA

Thank you dear posters.
That's indeed a good idea as there are still many places you can go in Taipei before 3 am. I hope you enjoy your trip.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by wpyeh
1. Novatel Taoyuan: right next to the airport with free shuttle access, you can get a great rate from China Airline website promotion (this hotel is owned by CI/CAL)
Do you have a link for that promotion? I can't find it on the CAL website.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:16 am

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...rt/index.shtml
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Hope this is the right Novotel Taipei promo...

Originally Posted by christep
Do you have a link for that promotion? I can't find it on the CAL website.
I found a scrollable flash banner from China Airlines homepage. The hotel flash took me to the hotel's site then I dig up the current promotions for Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport: NTD$2465.

There was a grand-opening promo that had expired on 12/31/09:

To celebrate the hotel's opening, we invite guests to participate in our Lucky Draw from October 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009 (23:59 p.m. Taipei time). To enter, participants may drop their business card in one of the lucky draw boxes. At the end of each month, Novotel Taipei will pick a winner. Prizes will include round-trip tickets to Hong Kong, Bangkok or Beijing with a complimentary three-night stay in Novotel Citygate Hong Kong or Bangkok, or Beijing Novotel (including one breakfast). In addition, 10 winners will be selected each month for one night's complimentary stay at Novotel Taipei. The list of winners will be announced on the CAL website. In addition to a number of special events, a limited time promotional rate of NTD2,988 per night will also be offered.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
TPE Transit Hotel

A logistics question . . . Is the Evergreen Transit Hotel an option if I am arriving on DL at 9:40PM and departing at 9:20AM??

Not sure if this is an option depending on what terminal DL arrives/departs and where the Hotel is; and, whether non-Evergreen passengers are welcome

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.