Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Iguassu transfers - Interhabit or other suggestion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer

I'm flying into the Argentinean airport at Iguassu. I'm staying at Das Cataratas on the Brazilian side. The hotel are quoting something like 480 reals (about $230 I think) for a return transfer. On the web I found Interhabit who quoted $56 for a private transfer so booking return transfers with them would be less than half the hotel price.

Has anyone used Interhabit and are they reliable? You have to pay upfront online so I'm a bit hesitant.

Otherwise another operator who'd be reliable would be useful to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
As someone who also needs to get from IGR to the Brazilian side of the falls, I am curious about the best bet for ground transportation. How much, for example, might a taxi cost? Can I take a bus instead? Would I be better served by prearranging a driver?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Just to help anyone else with this.

We flew into the Argentina side airport and there was a remise and taxi desk in the baggage hall. They quoted us 220 pesos for a one way transfer to Das Cataratas, or 270 pesos for a one way transfer but with a stop at the Argentina side of the falls where the remise driver would wait for 4-5 hours for us storing our luggage in his car.

The remise driver we had was reliable, the car was new and clean and we were very happy not to have booked the over-priced Das Cataratas transfer.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:18 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Just to help anyone else with this.

We flew into the Argentina side airport and there was a remise and taxi desk in the baggage hall. They quoted us 220 pesos for a one way transfer to Das Cataratas, or 270 pesos for a one way transfer but with a stop at the Argentina side of the falls where the remise driver would wait for 4-5 hours for us storing our luggage in his car.

The remise driver we had was reliable, the car was new and clean and we were very happy not to have booked the over-priced Das Cataratas transfer.
Thanks for sharing your experience... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.