Reload this Page >

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Old May 31, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 31, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes, El Mirasol is popular with many Federal and State legislators and also members of the Executive.
I've seen the current mayor of Buenos Aires in Mirasol Recova on numerous occasions.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Rock Harders
I've seen the current mayor of Buenos Aires in Mirasol Recova on numerous occasions.
Yes, Rodriguez Larreta and also Diego Santilli are two of many high-profile public servants that are regulars at El Mirasol.

I will confess to not being a huge fan of the place, but find myself dragged there by my US clients on a regular basis....
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
For those comfortable with El Mirasol price levels, I would say consider La Cabania and Le Grill.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Wife and I are looking to head to Buenos Aires next summer for our first anniversary and just starting my research and looking for pointers on a steakhouse.

We are both filet mignon people so looking for a place to get a good filet mignon while down there -- not overly concerned about cost more looking for high quality to celebrate the anniversary!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If you are looking for quality and ambience, Le Grill may be your best bet, at least for a classier place. I'll admit it has been probably close to a year since my last visit. And might I suggest, due to the manner in which most places serve the meat, and due to the typical (large) size of a nice lomo, that you "be brave" and get a different cut for your second (or third) piece of meat. Both will be cut at the table to share.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you are looking for quality and ambience, Le Grill may be your best bet, at least for a classier place. I'll admit it has been probably close to a year since my last visit. And might I suggest, due to the manner in which most places serve the meat, and due to the typical (large) size of a nice lomo, that you "be brave" and get a different cut for your second (or third) piece of meat. Both will be cut at the table to share.
Thanks! Will take a look -- and I am definitely willing to "be brave" -- my wife we'll see
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:24 am

While not a "Steak House", I would urge FTers to consider visiting Somos Asado. This place offers a true Buenos Aires experience, and their dry aged Beef is some of the best in Buenos Aires - and at a fraction of the price that you will pay if you visit Elena or one of the other "high-end" establishments that offer Dry Aged dead cow on the menu.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Reporting from August 2019:

Parilla Pena - Great value, very working class with tables crammed together. Good steak for the price.

La Cabrera - Also great value but more upscale than Parilla.

Puerto Madero - Great experience, service a little slow outdoors, excellent steak.

Fervor - Excellent experience and maybe the best steak of the trip. Walking distance from Four Seasons

Honestly they were all good, except for the BBQ restaurant inside the Four Seasons. Hope to make it to Don Julio on my next visit.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Don Julio

Went to Don Julio last night, and I must say it was the finest tasting steak that Ive had in sometime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.