BUQUEBUS - on line booking . Need help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .

I have been trying to book and pay a Buquebus trip on line and it doesn't
work.
After selecting the dates,routing,price etc and clicking on "BUY",I get a
registration form asking for my name ,user name (ALIAS) and password
(CONTRASENA).
As I don't have the above, I try to create them and the site does not
accept anything I enter.
As a result , I'm unable to book and pay for the trip .
Any suggestion or any Phone # where I can book ( in English )

P.S. Trip details : 19 Feb. Bs.As.-Colonia (boat ) ,- Punta del este (Bus )
and return on 23 Feb. ( same routing in reverse )

Thanks
Michael
Old Dec 25, 2007, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry, never booked this service online, always used the phone. Do you speak any spanish...? Not sure you will be able to do this on the phone in English. Will you be staying at a full service hotel in EZE that has a concierge...? Maybe you should get them involved in helping you with this.

Merry Xmas!!
Old Dec 25, 2007, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
A friend and I tried to book tickets online in November and encountered a similar problem (it kept giving us an error when we tried to create usernames and passwords). We ended up giving up and going to the Buquebus terminal and buying our tickets there. Not an ideal situation, but it sounds like their website is not the most reliable service. As the prior poster said, you can also book via the phone.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
I always just go to one of the city ticket offices in Buenos Aires, much easier and normally do find someone that understands my poor Spanish or they speak English In the Recoleta one is on Posadas 1452 just off Callao and at Cordoba 879 in the Microcentro. They are open M-F til 7 and on Saturdays til 2.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Thank you all for the advice.
As I will be in EZE a week before travelling to PUNTA, I will go to the
BUQUEBUS office on Avenida Cordoba and purchase my Tkts. there.

Thanks again.

Michael
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:31 pm

While you're there why not tell them about the issues with their online booking system? By the way, have you decided where to stay in Calafate?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Booking Online

I'm in BA right now and was able to book my tickets online using the buque bus website. It only took me about an hour... I had the same problem you did, after selecting tickets I was prompted to create a user and password, after I filled in the field and clicked to continue the website would just time out and I would get stuck.

On a whim I tried using firefox instead of IE and it worked just fine. Right after I booked I was able to download PDF's of my e-tickets and print them at my hotel.

You can go to the buque stations as well to purchase your tickets, but the line was enormous when I went yesterday.

Last edited by andrewsheehan; Dec 29, 2007 at 8:25 am Reason: .
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:39 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread.

I'm traveling via Buquebus tomorrow from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este.

Our tix are booked in "Special Class", rather than "Tourist Class". What exactly does that mean? Is this a different seat, or is this just a more expensive "fare" for the same seat?

I'm confused becuase First Class appears to be cheaper than Special Class, and the Buquebus website doesn't explain it.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread.

I'm traveling via Buquebus tomorrow from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este.

Our tix are booked in "Special Class", rather than "Tourist Class". What exactly does that mean? Is this a different seat, or is this just a more expensive "fare" for the same seat?

I'm confused becuase First Class appears to be cheaper than Special Class, and the Buquebus website doesn't explain it.
It would appear from the pricing structure that special class is a kind of premium first class given that it's more expensive.

On the Spanish version of the site, it explains the benefits of first and special classes but doesn't distinguish between the 2 so I have no idea what extra goodies you get over and above the standard first class product. If you switch to the English version of the website, the information isn't there at all!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:39 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

Thanks very much - can you help me understand the benefits of the different classes on the Spanish site? (my Spanish isn't great)
My only real concern is having the most comfortable seat possible for a 4 hour bus ride.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

Thanks very much - can you help me understand the benefits of the different classes on the Spanish site? (my Spanish isn't great)
My only real concern is having the most comfortable seat possible for a 4 hour bus ride.
All it says on the site regarding first and special class is that you will have access to a special pre-boarding lounge, will be personally welcomed on board and shown where your seating area is, will be offered a glass of champagne and a selection of Argentina and Uruguayan newspapers and magazines and be able to enjoy coffee and sweet or savoury snacks during the journey.

As I mentioned it doesn't distinguish between first and special class. As for the bus, everyone will be lumped together on the same bus I imagine although you may be able to board first and select a good seat. Sorry I can't offer any further insight but I've always travelled tourist class.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 8:08 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by britenbsas
All it says on the site regarding first and special class is that you will have access to a special pre-boarding lounge, will be personally welcomed on board and shown where your seating area is, will be offered a glass of champagne and a selection of Argentina and Uruguayan newspapers and magazines and be able to enjoy coffee and sweet or savoury snacks during the journey.

As I mentioned it doesn't distinguish between first and special class. As for the bus, everyone will be lumped together on the same bus I imagine although you may be able to board first and select a good seat. Sorry I can't offer any further insight but I've always travelled tourist class.
Ha! What a joke!
We had reservations for the 6:30am boat to Colonia, followed by a 4-5 hour bus ride. We were told to be at check-in at 5:30am, which is when we arrived. HUGE line already had formed, and nobody showed up to man the ticket counters until 5:45am.
Luckily we knew that the First/Special Class line would be to the far left, and were among the first half-dozen or so to check in. So, First class check-in DID save quite a bit of time, which was nice. As for the other published benefits:

* Pre-boarding lounge? CLOSED
* "Personally welcomed onboard...."? LOL - NOPE.
* Glass of champagne? NOPE
* Coffee? Yes, but only after getting up and asking for it.
* Sweet or savoury snacks? We got 4 tiny (I mean REALLY tiny - like the size of a thimble) cookie type snacks with our coffee.
* They DID have the newspapers - hooray!

The people manning the snack bar in the First Class section were very rude and totally ignored us until we got up and asked them for things. The First Class section was EMPTY, so it wasn't like they were busy.
They wouldn't sell us any of the other snack bar items until the boat departed the dock. No idea why.
When we did get up to order, instead of just giving us the food and drinks, he said "we'll bring it to you" and took his sweet time doing so. (What's the point? We were standing RIGHT THERE - just give us the food!!!).
Then we paid with a 100 Peso note (food was 18 pesos) and he complained that he didn't have change, and would have to go find some and bring it back to us. He never brought us the change, and I had to go get it from the other cashier once we arrived.
I guess the seats were pretty comfy, but for a 1-hour boat ride it was not worth it.

Then after we disembarked the boat, there was absolutely ZERO difference in the way we were treated. It was every man for himself on the bus, and our family of four didn't even get to sit together.

I guess if you're traveling on a longer boat ride this upgrade MIGHT be worth it, but honestly for us it was a joke.
We booked last minute, and Special Class was the only thing available, so I'm not concerned, but if you have a choice, my advice would be DON'T BOTHER.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:59 am

buquebus trouble on line.

I am having trouble booking this service on line too.I do not want to book my accomodation in MV just incase the ferry sold out.
i wanted to go on Nov 3rd BA-Colonia,then bus to MV and stay overnight and then late ferry from MV to BA.We are staying in recoleta which i read in your comments that there is a ticket office on posadas 1452 just off callao.We are staying on santa fe/anchorena hopefully that ticket office is close buy...
I am trying to learn the basics of spanish as fast as i can cause i think i will need it!!!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/10.2.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) WicKed/7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by britenbsas

Ha! What a joke!
We had reservations for the 6:30am boat to Colonia, followed by a 4-5 hour bus ride. We were told to be at check-in at 5:30am, which is when we arrived. HUGE line already had formed, and nobody showed up to man the ticket counters until 5:45am.
Luckily we knew that the First/Special Class line would be to the far left, and were among the first half-dozen or so to check in. So, First class check-in DID save quite a bit of time, which was nice. As for the other published benefits:

* Pre-boarding lounge? CLOSED
* "Personally welcomed onboard...."? LOL - NOPE.
* Glass of champagne? NOPE
* Coffee? Yes, but only after getting up and asking for it.
* Sweet or savoury snacks? We got 4 tiny (I mean REALLY tiny - like the size of a thimble) cookie type snacks with our coffee.
* They DID have the newspapers - hooray!

The people manning the snack bar in the First Class section were very rude and totally ignored us until we got up and asked them for things. The First Class section was EMPTY, so it wasn't like they were busy.
They wouldn't sell us any of the other snack bar items until the boat departed the dock. No idea why.
When we did get up to order, instead of just giving us the food and drinks, he said "we'll bring it to you" and took his sweet time doing so. (What's the point? We were standing RIGHT THERE - just give us the food!!!).
Then we paid with a 100 Peso note (food was 18 pesos) and he complained that he didn't have change, and would have to go find some and bring it back to us. He never brought us the change, and I had to go get it from the other cashier once we arrived.
I guess the seats were pretty comfy, but for a 1-hour boat ride it was not worth it.

Then after we disembarked the boat, there was absolutely ZERO difference in the way we were treated. It was every man for himself on the bus, and our family of four didn't even get to sit together.

I guess if you're traveling on a longer boat ride this upgrade MIGHT be worth it, but honestly for us it was a joke.
We booked last minute, and Special Class was the only thing available, so I'm not concerned, but if you have a choice, my advice would be DON'T BOTHER.
Thanks for the detailed report... Sorry you had such a bad experience. What were your travel dates...?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:18 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/10.2.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) WicKed/7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by heidstar99
I am having trouble booking this service on line too.I do not want to book my accomodation in MV just incase the ferry sold out.
i wanted to go on Nov 3rd BA-Colonia,then bus to MV and stay overnight and then late ferry from MV to BA.We are staying in recoleta which i read in your comments that there is a ticket office on posadas 1452 just off callao.We are staying on santa fe/anchorena hopefully that ticket office is close buy...
I am trying to learn the basics of spanish as fast as i can cause i think i will need it!!!
For travel in early Nov, you will be fine.... Peak season does not start till the last week of Nov... You can just get the tix when youj are here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.