When is low season airfare to EZE ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)

Hi

I would like to go down for a week sometime in this year,

what is considered low season ?

and are flights from LAX ever around $500-$600 ?

thanks

Rally
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rally
Hi

I would like to go down for a week sometime in this year,

what is considered low season ?

and are flights from LAX ever around $500-$600 ?

thanks

Rally
March through most of May and mid/end-August through the end of November/beginning of December has been the traditional "slow" period, but that's been getting more and more compressed in the past couple of years.

I've found the better fares tend to be for travel in May and in November, with purchased made a couple of months before or as part of a last-minute-type special.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
As part of a low fare search, I suggest you consider looking into using Aerolineas Argentinas as your (main) carrier.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I just booked a SFO-IAD-EZE roundtrip in May on UA, and the prices for selected days has just dropped to ~$850-$880 (on widebodies for all segments).

This is best I've seen in the last couple of years on UA. I managed to decrease the base fare by a further 10% with an e-cert that UA emailed me on Thursday, to bring the total down to $800. Ugrades to C on the domestic segments (767) cleared at booking.

John
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
AA has had ~$600 all-in fares to EZE/SCL for the past two years for purcahse during April/May and travel good through June. It's not a sure thing, but I'd start looking now.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
AA has had ~$600 all-in fares to EZE/SCL for the past two years for purcahse during April/May and travel good through June. It's not a sure thing, but I'd start looking now.
Since AA has loaded "sale " prices for april -June for 809 plus tax I wouldnt count on 600. last time they did that was years ago. They are flying full and i dont see how they would reduce prices.

Aerolneas Argentina,, awful airline, awful delays forget it. Friend was on non stop to jfk that at last minute became one of their packed miami flights with a 9 hour layover waiting for a plane to jfk. savings of 75$ over aa flight.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
Mid-November prices (SFO-EZE) quoted on Kayak are lowest at $888 (includes all taxes & fees), via American, claiming 1 stop at DFW.

Another person posted that it's better to get tix a couple months before the depart so...I guess I'm just going to check Kayak for a few weeks and hope the price doesn't go back up. (Last week the lowest price was $898).

I guess I should look for that United E-ticket too.

Any other suggestions or corrections?

Signed,
FlyerTalk N00b
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
If it helps anyone, fares NYC-EZE have dropped. My flight on AA for 8/30-9/4 was about $650 all in, and then I went and bought an Entertainment Book for $10 and got the electronic discount code that dropped it another $22. I'm seeing this fare at least through October including Columbus Day weekend.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow, around USD600 for JFK to EZE is a great fare.... you still get full mileage credit?
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I noticed last week that AA had e-fares to EZE, so there must be excess inventory in Y.

John
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Gaucho, it is a Q fare. Not upgradable (at least by an eVIP) and 50% q-points (if you make elite via points) but you get full mileage. UA matched the fare and one friend got that; another friend is meeting us coming from LA - he redeemed for a 1st class award. I hate him

Let's hope we all arrive at about the same time!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Mine this past June was $600 all in, AND eVIP-upgrade-able.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.