Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by Agneisse
What time should I leave the city (Puerto Madero) to catch a 5pm flight out of EZE on a Sunday?

I am flying HBO in Business class, but not sure if there are priority lines at the airport. Non-Mercosur passport. Usually like to have time to refill water bottles in the lounge but not much more before boarding.

I’ve seen suggestions of 2pm but that seems a little excessive assuming 1h to EZE and 30 minutes for security/border?

Thanks!

What time of year are you travelling?

A few years back , before I lived here , I got caught up in a half marathon being run in and around Puerto Madero.

A clued in taxi driver got us out in time but only just.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn
What time of year are you travelling?

A few years back , before I lived here , I got caught up in a half marathon being run in and around Puerto Madero.

A clued in taxi driver got us out in time but only just.
This weekend! Doesn’t seem like there are any funky events going on, fingers crossed it stays that way.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless you have good reason to stay as long as you possibly can in Puerto Madero before heading to EZE I'd follow the advice Marambio posted earlier. Then again, much depends on whether you can afford to miss your flight or not.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

This weekend! Doesn’t seem like there are any funky events going on, fingers crossed it stays that way.
I'd expect a lot of people will be heading out of town for eclipse trips.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:47 pm

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, I will finish lunch earlier and leave the city at 2pm to avoid any problems.
Eastbay1K and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, I will finish lunch earlier and leave the city at 2pm to avoid any problems.
Please report back on the security and immigration lines at the time of your departure. Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'd expect a lot of people will be heading out of town for eclipse trips.
Eastbay that not a bad tip . San Miguel del Monte is getting a lot of TV coverage as the place to see the eclipse. To get to San Miguel you have to go to Canuelas , which is the turn off just before Ezeiza
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:05 pm

Please report back on the security and immigration lines at the time of your departure. Thanks
Reporting back!

tl;dr No line at security nor immigration circa. 1530.

So I had every intention of leaving the city by 1400 but a VERY heavy pour at lunch (I tried to be good with ordering by the glass but the waiter thwarted this plan. Combined with ordering 1% of my body weight in beef.) led to not starting off until 1445. Oops.

But a friendly Cabify driver took me to EZE in 35 minutes, where security and immigration queues were nonexistent (perhaps because no one would think of arriving so late before departure) meant plenty of lounge time before boarding.

I had a great vacation in Argentina - including lots of dead cow and empanadas, great landscapes and architecture, wonderful public transport, and a nice experience at the Teatro Colon (I don’t like Turandot but the theater itself is amazing). And lovely people despite multiple Latin colleagues warning that Argentina has the least friendly people in South America - perhaps true but definitely grading on a curve there

And of course it is all a fantastic deal given the status of the peso. I will be recommending Argentina to all my friends!

Last edited by Agneisse; Jun 30, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:45 pm

Reporting back!

So I had every intention of leaving the city by 1400 but a VERY heavy pour at lunch (I tried to be good with ordering by the glass but the waiter thwarted this plan. Combined with ordering 1% of my body weight in beef.) led to not starting off until 1445. Oops.

But a friendly Cabify driver took me to EZE in 35 minutes, where security and immigration queues were nonexistent (perhaps because no one would think of arriving so late before departure) meant plenty of lounge time before boarding.

I had a great vacation in Argentina - including lots of dead cow and empanadas, great landscapes and architecture, wonderful public transport, and a nice experience at the Teatro Colon (I don’t like Turandot but the theater itself is amazing). And lovely people despite multiple Latin colleagues warning that Argentina has the least friendly people in South America - perhaps true but definitely grading on a curve there

And of course it is all a fantastic deal given the status of the peso. I will be recommending Argentina to all my friends!

Cabify I like much more than Uber . recent experience is that they are much more professional the UBER chaps...
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Cabify I like much more than Uber . recent experience is that they are much more professional the UBER chaps...
I have not been able to use a US-based credit card with Cabify. I contacted them and they told me I wouldn't be able to. I then tried to input CC info (3 different card types) from the US, and same issue.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:41 pm

I have not been able to use a US-based credit card with Cabify. I contacted them and they told me I wouldn't be able to. I then tried to input CC info (3 different card types) from the US, and same issue.
A work around I found and used successfully was to link PayPal and add your preferred US card to PayPal.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: none
Just use Cabify
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:13 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Hello Agneisse--

Very happy to read you had a good time in Argentina. I always say its great that people come, but its even more important that they leave wanting to return.

The reputation for "unfriendly" people in Argentina is perhaps a historical issue, and mostly related to the city of Buenos Aires. As the rest of Latin America has developed and international travel has become more popular, this perception has slowly changed. Argentina is slowly learning how to handle tourism and things have come a long way in the past years. Kudos to you for keeping an open mind and not being overly influenced by the "warning" you received.

Please stay connected to these forums, and I hope you can let us know when you next plan to come down to EZE.

On a final note, there is an annual FlyerTalk gathering here in Buenos Aires called the "Cow DO", it would be great if you could consider attending one of these events. Below is a link to the Master Thread for this years event: Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Thank you for recommending Argentina to your friends, Im sure they will have a great time here.

Cheers from EZE,
Alex (Gaucho100K)

Reporting back!

Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Skywards
Aerolineas baggage allowance

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to ask this.
I have a flight from EZE to El Calafate , booked by travel agent, flying in coach with Aerolineas. It’s a stand alone flight as we’re in Buenos Aires for a few days first. Checked bag limit is 15kg. I see I can buy an extra 15kg bag online for UK£15. I can’t find any info though about excess fee if your one bag is over 15kg. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Our long haul flights on this trip are in J and regional flights have a 23kg bag limit so this is the only flight with a 15kg limit.
Thanks for any information.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Neiltoo
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to ask this.
I have a flight from EZE to El Calafate , booked by travel agent, flying in coach with Aerolineas. It’s a stand alone flight as we’re in Buenos Aires for a few days first. Checked bag limit is 15kg. I see I can buy an extra 15kg bag online for UK£15. I can’t find any info though about excess fee if your one bag is over 15kg. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Our long haul flights on this trip are in J and regional flights have a 23kg bag limit so this is the only flight with a 15kg limit.
Thanks for any information.
Between 16 and 23kg, it’s 750 ARS (17 USD approx), payable at the airport upon checking in. Bags heavier than 23kg they can refuse to check-in.

A few anecdotes don’t make a dataset but they seem to be stricter with luggage weight on flights operated with Embraers (the flight number usually starts with AR2xxx).
Neiltoo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.