Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Thanks for the advice Alex! Regarding your question, we just landed 2 hours ago back home here in Europe
After the first 3 days/2nights in Palermo SOHO, and then 1,5days/2nights in Puerto Iguazu, we choose San Telmo area for our last night. Since we had eaten a lot of meat in the previous days, we went for our last night to El Baqueano for some Argentinian fine dining.
Where did you stay in San Telmo (and did you enjoy the accommodation)? And how was your dinner @ El Baqueano?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Where did you stay in San Telmo (and did you enjoy the accommodation)? And how was your dinner @ El Baqueano?
Hi Eastbay1k

I posted the dinner question in the BUE F&B thread.
In San Telmo we opted for a cheap stay since we would only sleep there. Patio's of San Telmo (4 Star on booking, with an 8,5/10 appreciation) had nice deal for 68USD for a Deluxe room with breaky. In hindsight we certainly would not recommend this place. The hotel was tired an filty, Only after changing rooms we noticed they gave us a regular room at first instead of a Deluxe!

From there it was a 35 minute ride to EZE with an Uber (541ARS).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:31 pm

BA for a day

Hi folks, I land at 10am from Santiago and fly at 5pm to Frankfurt for a stop over. Even if I had just an hour in Plaza de Mayo, would this be possible with hand luggage, an Irish passport and baggage being checked through? Many thanks xo
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Cianandres
Hi folks, I land at 10am from Santiago and fly at 5pm to Frankfurt for a stop over. Even if I had just an hour in Plaza de Mayo, would this be possible with hand luggage, an Irish passport and baggage being checked through? Many thanks xo
You are likely to be able to spend between 1:30 and 2 hours in the city -- if your flight lands on time at 10am you should be able to reach downtown BA around noon-ish, and you'd need to head back to EZE at 2pm at latest.

I know spending 7 hours at an airport is a bit of a nightmare, but I don't know if it's worth it going to the city.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio
You are likely to be able to spend between 1:30 and 2 hours in the city -- if your flight lands on time at 10am you should be able to reach downtown BA around noon-ish, and you'd need to head back to EZE at 2pm at latest.

I know spending 7 hours at an airport is a bit of a nightmare, but I don't know if it's worth it going to the city.
If your bags are checked through, you're likely on the same ticket, which probably does not include Argentina immigration and departure taxes, so you may end up subject to same if you leave and then come back. (There's a BP scan right before security that verifies tax paid.)

Furthermore, I'd not want to be walking around with my hand luggage.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:41 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Hi folks, staying 3 nights in Buenos Aires next week and wife will be with me -- any recommendations for a good spa? We are staying at the Park Hyatt but the reviews of its spa seem pretty bad. We may still try it (or go to the nearby Four Seasons which has a very well-reviewed spa) but if anyone can recommend a local option that is even semi-comparable in facilities (and could do, say, a couples massage, hot stones etc.) that would be great to know about.
Answering my own question: Park Hyatt spa seemed smallish (and the changing rooms were far from luxurious -- very stuffy and hot when we went to the spa to shower upon arrival at the hotel & our room wasn't yet ready). Can't comment on the treatments there but would highly recommend the Four Seasons. Even though the changing areas there were likewise shared with gym & pool guests, they were much nicer facilities. No trouble getting a larger size bathrobe as well. Couples massage was well done. Limited English from the therapists for those who don't speak Spanish. Prices were high and in USD ($210 each?) but would return.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:18 am
twk

Programs: DL DM, Million Miler
Left luggage in EZE?

I wonder if anyone can definitely answer the question of whether there is a luggage storage facility in EZE currently?
Old May 12, 2019, 9:28 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
As far as I can see, a company called Pampa Luggage had opened a service at EZE back in 2014, but they seem to have closed shortly thereafter. As far as I can tell, there is currently no "fixed" service of this type at Ezeiza International Airport. However, someone seems to have identified this and appears to be offering a comparable service, although I get the feeling that they are not actually located at EZE.

Please continue you research here....
Luggage Storage Buenos Aires | StorageBA

If you can, please come back and report your findings.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old May 30, 2019, 9:59 pm

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears -- the Paseo del Bajo highway opened last Sunday.

Its construction, which was the cause of huge headaches when driving through downtown Buenos Aires over the last few years, has come to an end. Also, Puerto Madero, an island split from the rest of the city for the last 2 years because of the large worksite, has again rejoined the mainland. Overall, very good news.

Besides, from a tourist perspective, the new stairs that link Casa Rosada to Puerto Madero make for some nice Instagram opportunities.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears -- the Paseo del Bajo highway opened last Sunday.

Its construction, which was the cause of huge headaches when driving through downtown Buenos Aires over the last few years, has come to an end. Also, Puerto Madero, an island split from the rest of the city for the last 2 years because of the large worksite, has again rejoined the mainland. Overall, very good news.

Besides, from a tourist perspective, the new stairs that link Casa Rosada to Puerto Madero make for some nice Instagram opportunities.
This is excellent news, and a big deal. Given how far from completion it appeared in March, I'm impressed.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The election campaign starts . The Paseo del bajo is a real improvement which will save time for all users and decongest the 9 de julio . The train viaducts are also major improvements . I was in the Barrio Chino the other day and the MITRE line looks decent and several level crossings have been removed . The San Martin line will also be finished in a couple of months.

The last major inauguration prior to the elections will be the new terminal at Ezeiza . i was sceptical they could finish it on time but apparently it will be opene and operational in August.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:49 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Dont forget the major upgrades to the Mitre and San Martin Train lines.... Belgrano Station on the Mitre looks like its a Disney SkyTrain
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malagajohn
The Paseo del bajo is a real improvement which will save time for all users and decongest the 9 de julio . .
It appears to have worked wonders on Paseo Colon, by Av. San Juan, too.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:12 am

What time should I leave the city (Puerto Madero) to catch a 5pm flight out of EZE on a Sunday?

I am flying HBO in Business class, but not sure if there are priority lines at the airport. Non-Mercosur passport. Usually like to have time to refill water bottles in the lounge but not much more before boarding.

Ive seen suggestions of 2pm but that seems a little excessive assuming 1h to EZE and 30 minutes for security/border?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Agneisse
What time should I leave the city (Puerto Madero) to catch a 5pm flight out of EZE on a Sunday?

I am flying HBO in Business class, but not sure if there are priority lines at the airport. Non-Mercosur passport. Usually like to have time to refill water bottles in the lounge but not much more before boarding.

Ive seen suggestions of 2pm but that seems a little excessive assuming 1h to EZE and 30 minutes for security/border?

Thanks!
Which airline are you flying? There are priority lines at immigration (not at security) but only for AR pax at Terminal C.

I usually believe arriving to EZE 2 hours before departure is OK. Traffic should be light on a Sunday afternoon, so from Puerto Madero to Ezeiza it's about 30-40 minutes. 2pm doesn't then sound too excessive -- you might be able to push it to 2.30pm, but not much beyond that.
Eastbay1K likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.