Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Area recommendations??

after a couple of days in the Palermo area, we are flying to IGR and the back to AEP.
we arrive ar AEP in the afternoon and are flying out of EZE the next day (also afternoon).

what is a nice and convinient area to stay ar for that final 24h/night?
The only decent hotel near the airport (Holiday Inn) is (1) several KMs from the airport, and (2) there is nothing nearby, except a (reportedly) very good restaurant. Since you are looking at a 30 to 45 minute afternoon ride from most parts of the city, I'd just stay wherever you wish, and allow for an extra few minutes of transit if necessary. From San Telmo, you're looking at a 30 minute afternoon ride to EZE (assuming no accidents, etc.) which would be the "closest" tourist-friendly area to EZE. There's a Curio (by Hilton) and several boutique hotels.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The Curio is called the Anselmo . We have stayed a couple of times and its pretty decent although the rooms are a little small . Very close to La Brigada , if you fancy some good steak on your last night
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Interesting article has anyone been to the Wine Bar Vico 140 selections!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-travel-guide/

Last edited by Flying Machine; Mar 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that the ATMs that you'd find by arrivals (after customs, before you go outside) are gone because of construction. Are there any remaining that might be convenient for arriving pax?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Note that the ATMs that you'd find by arrivals (after customs, before you go outside) are gone because of construction. Are there any remaining that might be convenient for arriving pax?
Answering my own question - there are temporary-looking HBSC machines to the left of the landside Banco Nacion. After you leave the customs hall, you'd make almost a U turn to your right, and there are some isolated "temporary" check in counters, and you'll see the machines. Not a particularly easy find. But when you see the Banco, you'll be able to find the machines.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Plat
Hello All,

I am considering a connection in a couple weeks at EZE doing the following:

Arriving on Lufthansa from FRA (in Terminal A it seems, from what I've read)
Departing on KLM to SCL (appears KLM is in Terminal C)
Time between arrival and departure is 1 hour
Separate tickets, and I will only have carry-on bag... plan is to have mobile BPs on my phone

Is it possible to make this connection from LH to KL staying airside, without passing thru immigration? Is one hour too tight?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Continited
Hello All,

I am considering a connection in a couple weeks at EZE doing the following:

Arriving on Lufthansa from FRA (in Terminal A it seems, from what I've read)
Departing on KLM to SCL (appears KLM is in Terminal C)
Time between arrival and departure is 1 hour
Separate tickets, and I will only have carry-on bag... plan is to have mobile BPs on my phone

Is it possible to make this connection from LH to KL staying airside, without passing thru immigration? Is one hour too tight?

Thanks!
All international arrivals/departures are from the same airside part of the terminal notwithstanding any terminal monikers. There is a transit security area (before you get to immigration) and then are int'l airside again.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Jamie - unlike the US, Argentina has exit immigration for passengers leaving the country. You will not be able to enter lounges that are accessible to passengers that have cleared immigration.

When you arrive at EZE, you will most probably dock at a gate in Terminal A (this is where the MIAEZE flight currently arrives). You will proceed through immigration, pick up your bags, and then proceed through the customs X-ray stations (there are free baggage carts).

I believe you will have to take your luggage over to Terminal C landside (it's not a long walk).

Any updates on what one can expect to find at the Domestic departures area of Terminal C? On my trip later this year, I'm arriving EZE with a connection on AR to BRC. I've only ever done domestic flights via AEP so not familiar with this part of EZE. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: British Airways, Travel, Tourism, 747 and A380 enthusiast
thanks for the link...
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Buquebus strike?

i have heard Buquebus May be going to strike soon. Any word on this?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by bkkth
There have been lay offs , so it is entirely possible
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:42 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bkkth
I havent seen anything covered in the local press these days. If you want to play it 100% safe, check and see if you can book a refundable fare. Depending on where you want to go, Buquebus is not the only carrier. There is also Colonia Express, which I think it not related to Buquebus so that may be a better option....?

Perhaps others can chime in here....?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Any updates on what one can expect to find at the Domestic departures area of Terminal C? On my trip later this year, I'm arriving EZE with a connection on AR to BRC. I've only ever done domestic flights via AEP so not familiar with this part of EZE. Thanks!
EZE is getting a massive overhaul that includes a new terminal, expansion of existing facilities, more restaurants and shops, etc. - so this means that things are in constant change. Check back often to get updates.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Justin Case
Area recommendations??

after a couple of days in the Palermo area, we are flying to IGR and the back to AEP.
we arrive ar AEP in the afternoon and are flying out of EZE the next day (also afternoon).

what is a nice and convinient area to stay ar for that final 24h/night?
If you fly into EZE in the afternoon and then again fly out in the afternoon, you would be making a very silly mistake if you stayed close to EZE. I suggest you find a place in Palermo where you will be able to enjoy the last part of the afternoon, have a great dinner and perhaps enjoy the bar scene... and then the next day you can have a proper lunch before going to the airport.

If you want a nice small luxury hotel (that will NOT break your budget), I suggest you look into the 1828 Smart Hotel. Various FlyerTalkers have stayed there before and have had very positive experiences.

What dates are you in town...?

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If you fly into EZE in the afternoon and then again fly out in the afternoon, you would be making a very silly mistake if you stayed close to EZE. I suggest you find a place in Palermo where you will be able to enjoy the last part of the afternoon, have a great dinner and perhaps enjoy the bar scene... and then the next day you can have a proper lunch before going to the airport.

If you want a nice small luxury hotel (that will NOT break your budget), I suggest you look into the 1828 Smart Hotel. Various FlyerTalkers have stayed there before and have had very positive experiences.

What dates are you in town...?

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Thanks for the advice Alex! Regarding your question, we just landed 2 hours ago back home here in Europe
After the first 3 days/2nights in Palermo SOHO, and then 1,5days/2nights in Puerto Iguazu, we choose San Telmo area for our last night. Since we had eaten a lot of meat in the previous days, we went for our last night to El Baqueano for some Argentinian fine dining.
Eastbay1K likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.