Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Visiting for the first time with my wife this September and trying to decide the best place to spend our 3 nights.

I usually lean Marriott (PP and good corporate rates) but from the FT threads it seems like none of the 3 are particularly strong and safety/location could be an issue though the rates at the Convention Center and Libertador are both under $125/night with Park Tower at $227).

The Anselmo Hilton Curio and the Hilton Buenos Aires are pretty decent rates (both on points and on cash) and I have Gold so would get breakfast at either (though unlikely to get lounge at Hilton) with Anselmo looking like an attractive part of town.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Duke787
Visiting for the first time with my wife this September and trying to decide the best place to spend our 3 nights.

I usually lean Marriott (PP and good corporate rates) but from the FT threads it seems like none of the 3 are particularly strong and safety/location could be an issue though the rates at the Convention Center and Libertador are both under $125/night with Park Tower at $227).

The Anselmo Hilton Curio and the Hilton Buenos Aires are pretty decent rates (both on points and on cash) and I have Gold so would get breakfast at either (though unlikely to get lounge at Hilton) with Anselmo looking like an attractive part of town.
Especially if it's a couple's getaway/exploring BsAs trip, I'd definitely recommend the Anselmo. Great location (not great for public transit, but take a taxi) on Plaza Dorrego with nightlife and restaurants all within 1-4 blocks. La Brigada 2 blocks away for great steak. Unique property. Rooms were tiny and not the most extravagant, but everything else about the place was awesome.
Marambio likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Especially if it's a couple's getaway/exploring BsAs trip, I'd definitely recommend the Anselmo. Great location (not great for public transit, but take a taxi) on Plaza Dorrego with nightlife and restaurants all within 1-4 blocks. La Brigada 2 blocks away for great steak. Unique property. Rooms were tiny and not the most extravagant, but everything else about the place was awesome.
Not sure why you consider the location 'not great for public transit" as the Metrobus del Bajo is just a few blocks away (on Paseo Colon). It actually doesn't have dedicated lanes until Independencia, but if you take the 152 bus from the intersection of Paseo Colon and Humberto 1o, you'll be down to Retiro faster than any taxi could take you. It is a minor trek up to the Subte - 6 blocks up to 9 de Julio and then left or right, to San Juan or Independencia stations.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not sure why you consider the location 'not great for public transit" as the Metrobus del Bajo is just a few blocks away (on Paseo Colon). It actually doesn't have dedicated lanes until Independencia, but if you take the 152 bus from the intersection of Paseo Colon and Humberto 1o, you'll be down to Retiro faster than any taxi could take you. It is a minor trek up to the Subte - 6 blocks up to 9 de Julio and then left or right, to San Juan or Independencia stations.
I was just considering the Subte when thinking of 'public transit,' since that's what a lot of people recommend for fastest way to get around the city. But yes, the area is walkable and the bus is pretty close. We just didn't bother with the bus and walked or took a taxi.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I was just considering the Subte when thinking of 'public transit,' since that's what a lot of people recommend for fastest way to get around the city. But yes, the area is walkable and the bus is pretty close. We just didn't bother with the bus and walked or took a taxi.
I don’t know, I may be the outlier but I just don’t get the feel for San Telmo.. It’s nice to visit for a day but I don’t really want to be in that part of the town for any extended period of time. I prefer a more residential feeling and you really don’t get that great of an interaction with the local folk. (I’m not a fan of curio shops)Just my thoughts (and if you’re asking I actually like Palermo Viejo)

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jan 3, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I don’t know, I may be the outlier but I just don’t get the feel for San Telmo.. It’s nice to visit for a day but I don’t really want to be in that part of the town for any extended period of time. I prefer a more residential feeling and you really don’t get that great of an interaction with the local folk. (I’m not a fan of curio shops)Just my thoughts (and if you’re asking I actually like Palermo Viejo)
I like the location. In fact, I'm here, now. That said, I'm not a big fan of the biggest draw, the Sunday street fair, if for no other reason than total claustrophobia and frustration walking down the street. Some of my favo(u)rite restaurants are here, or walking distance, and friends live here. While it may not be as pretty or clean as the SEOT*, it is certainly more interesting.

*Snooty end of town
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks! I appreciate that it's also the cheapest option (both with points and with cash) so seems like a win/win (and the add-on cost to get the bigger corner room is minimal so will do that to help address the room size issue)
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.cronica.com.ar/info-gene...0106-0081.html

Important transit issue not far from the main Sheraton and Tower, the Buquebus, and anyone using the Retiro bus station. A major street will be closed for 2 months in the area for highway construction (a highway bypass for heavy truck traffic). The area separating Puerto Madero from the rest of the City has been impacted for quite some time. I'd expect some serious auto traffic delays right around the choke point.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:59 am

EZE - domestic connection flight

The Air France flight from Paris, France arrives to terminal A, and the Air France domestic (Cordoba) connection leaves from terminal D. I believe I need to take out the luggage, go through the customs etc, or what do you think? How does that work in practice? Only 2 hours 10 minutes transit time! Any speed lanes available?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta
In November, I'm arriving at EZE on Delta at 0920 (from ATL). I'm flying to El Calafate on Aerolineas. I have the option of a 1200 departure from EZE or a 1530 pm departure from AEP. Any recommendations? I'd love to take the 1200 departure from the same airport, but not sure less than 3 hours is have enough time to make an international to domestic connection on two different airlines.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cincigirl
In November, I'm arriving at EZE on Delta at 0920 (from ATL). I'm flying to El Calafate on Aerolineas. I have the option of a 1200 departure from EZE or a 1530 pm departure from AEP. Any recommendations? I'd love to take the 1200 departure from the same airport, but not sure less than 3 hours is have enough time to make an international to domestic connection on two different airlines.
Two separate bookings I take it?

If so, best go for the AEP option.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by cincigirl
Since both airlines are Skyteam, you may be able to through-check your bags from the EZE reservation to the El Calafate reservation. 2.5 hours should be enough to clear customs and transit to domestic if you have to, but it could be tight if there are any long lines to check in. If all else fails AEP would give you some time to explore a part of BA if you can find a place to store your bags.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Yes, unfortunately two separate bookings. AEP, here I come. Thanks for the advice.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Hi folks, staying 3 nights in Buenos Aires next week and wife will be with me -- any recommendations for a good spa? We are staying at the Park Hyatt but the reviews of its spa seem pretty bad. We may still try it (or go to the nearby Four Seasons which has a very well-reviewed spa) but if anyone can recommend a local option that is even semi-comparable in facilities (and could do, say, a couples massage, hot stones etc.) that would be great to know about.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Area recommendations??

after a couple of days in the Palermo area, we are flying to IGR and the back to AEP.
we arrive ar AEP in the afternoon and are flying out of EZE the next day (also afternoon).

what is a nice and convinient area to stay ar for that final 24h/night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.