Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic air ticket with cash?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Domestic air ticket with cash?

Can I buy a domestic air ticket in cash in BA? Planning a trip to Mendoza from BA and I’d like to pay cash after I’ve bought Pesos at a cueva. Is this possible at a travel agency in BA?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I dont know the answer to your question.... but my initial thoughts would be to call the 0800 that AR has in Canada and ask them if you can walk up to a Ticket Counter at AEP and (as a foreigner), purchase a domestic ticket paying in Pesos Cash. I assume they should be able to answer the question.....

In the meantime, I need to call AR later today - so I will also ask them this question.

Will report back when I have more details.

PS: when are you planning to come down...?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. I look forward to your report on their answer.

Going to arrive on January 6. AC are restoring EZE service in early December through GRU. They will combine passengers from Toronto and Montreal in GRU to continue to EZE.

I was thinking of heading to MDZ for a week on January 16.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I have paid cash in the Aerolineas Argentinas office downtown just before the pandemic.

But I do have a DNI. Not too sure if this is important.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:57 pm

Any update on this? I'm planning on going to Argentina next week and wondering the same.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I am likewise considering the same on this. Any word?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:26 am

I ended up going to AEP (since it’s close to town) and buying it from the ticketing counter. Price is the same as web, but they charged -500pesos/person/ticket extra. You first go to the counter to book it, then go to the cashier next to it to pay. I didn’t try to find a travel agent in town.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I was likewise able to pay in cash. We didn't want to worry about doing it at the airport the day of, but our hotel was able to work through a travel agent to get it done the day before. Pricing was slightly more expensive this way, but it was worth it as it saved some headache, especially as AEP was a zoo. The Aerolineas Argentinas office on Peru was unfortunately closed on the holiday, or I'd have done it there.
Flying Machine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.