Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

If you are in Argentina and considering leaving soon...

Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

Consider leaving very soon. Reports are than EZE may close to International flights by mid January.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
https://www.reportur.com/aerolineas/...ternacionales/
Old Jan 13, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Seems like it was a 30% reduction in frequencies... as of now... but who knows what will happen next week..
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Seems like it was a 30% reduction in frequencies... as of now... but who knows what will happen next week..
Any updates to the situation from local news sources? Something tells me that the 31 January restriction on foreigners will be extended.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Going to BA in late April from MIA on AA. Please update any restrictions/comments as things develop. Any flying then over to Santiago, so hope no complications on that leg. Also any info on the Blue Dollar exchanges would help. Thanks

I have had the vaccine and will get a Covid test if necessary.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Going to BA in late April from MIA on AA. Please update any restrictions/comments as things develop. Any flying then over to Santiago, so hope no complications on that leg. Also any info on the Blue Dollar exchanges would help. Thanks

I have had the vaccine and will get a Covid test if necessary.
Things are constantly changing. In Covid times until April is an eternity. As of right now only citizens and residents can enter Argentina. A PCR test less than 72 hours is needed to enter as well and now you will need one to return to the U.S. you will just need to watch for changes as your flight gets closer
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any updates to the situation from local news sources? Something tells me that the 31 January restriction on foreigners will be extended.
The new measures were officially announced last night

Seems that the Aviation boys were trying to get the Health Ministry to ease up but the Health Ministry has won in the end

https://www.infobae.com/economia/202...asil-y-mexico/
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:39 am

Does EZE have any Covid Testing at airport. Where can the do it in B A? Traveling in Apr and trying to plan.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Even if there is an option at EZE airport, I would suggest doing the testing before heading to the airport at EZE.

Options for testing in town:

Diagnostico Maipu https://www.diagnosticomaipu.com/rtpcr-covid19.html
Diagnostico Rossi http://www.cdrossi.com/turnos-anticuerpos-covid-19.php
IADT/Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamiento https://www.iadt.com/
Laboratorio Hidalgo

I think the testing expenses are as little as around AR$6500 at some of them. Just make sure that you get the right kind of testing, the results are in the language you need, and seek the turn times before you go through the process.
happychic likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 1, 2021 at 10:48 am
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:50 pm

Does EZE have any Covid Testing at airport. Where can the do it in B A? Traveling in Apr and trying to plan.
We don't know what is happening next week in Argentina. April is like the next century .....

Far too difficult to predict with any accuracy.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Out of interest where are you flying from and to?
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:25 am

From MIA and then on to Santiago, Chile a week later. Thanks so much for info on where to get the test. I will re-ask 3 weeks before I leave to see if any updates on getting tested for Covid. I do not know if Chile does now or will require testing before entry, but like to prepare. And I do get 2nd Vaccine shot in 3 days. Thanks all.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
It's impossible to know what will happen in April, but the Buenos Aires City Government has set up a Covid testing site at EZE arrivals, and testing is mandatory before entering the city. I haven't done it myself (haven't set foot in Argentina since early 2020), but according to friends/family it works pretty well.

Before leaving the airport, staff ask you whether you are heading for BA City or elsewhere in the country, and if you answer BA they guide you towards the testing centre. Whether they run a PCR or an antigen test seems to depend on your luck. Afterwards you are free to go and have to isolate until results are sent to you over Whatsapp. Everyone I know got their results in less than 24 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.