FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   Gaucho 100K How are you? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/2020083-gaucho-100k-how-you.html)

Flying Machine Jun 20, 2020 9:21 am

Gaucho 100K How are you?

Gaucho 100K (Alex) How are you? Haven’t seen you post anything in a such a long time..I just checked and your last login date was March 21, 2020. Just checking in to see if everything is all right with you and yours..

Looking forward to seeing you back here at FT

Flying Machine

HIDDY Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Probably just a case of real life taking precedence.

spainflyer Jun 30, 2020 1:13 am

Perhaps he's out there looking for the phantom Eastern Airlines flight! Or solving Argentina's insolvency problem! In both cases, "if anyone can do it, he can." Wherever you are Gaucho 100K, que estés bien!

Gaucho100K Jul 4, 2020 7:04 am

all is well

Hello Folks !! Thanks to all for your concerns. All is well - I guess this is one of those rare instances where Hiddy got it 100% right... LOL :D

With Argentina going into this "exterme" lockdown mode from VERY early on in the scope of this Pandemic, 80% of the revenue of my business evaporated with the click of a light-switch. I had no choice but to scramble and do a 180 with my company's business model, and have re-targeted my activities to focus 100% on the domestic market. I would not have been able to make it without the support of the very large Wineries (Bodegas) that I have represented since going ITB back in 2003. I guess it pays to things the right way for almost 20 years - as when the going gets tough - the tough come through. At least this was the way things worked out with me.

This has been an amazing learning experience for me and I think that the end of this Pandemic, may God help that be soon, should find me better equipped (and hopefully wiser with this new experience) to tackle the new challenges that we will all be faced with. The other piece of good news is that there are a TON of new wines to try, as dozens of small (and even some medium & large) producers that were also primarily focused on exporting their Wines have also had to refocus their target markets.... so the way I see it, there are always opportunities in these "interesting times".

Ive missed FT over these months, but now that Ive regrouped and gotten my head out of the water, I am happy to report that I am back in the saddle and should be able to resume my activity here on these Boards. Once again, I thank all of you for reaching out and concerning yourselves with me and my family - many of you that did I would have expected, and with others I have been pleasantly surprised....

Look forward to being back and interacting with everybody....

Al Gran Vino Argentino, Salud !!!

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

GUWonder Jul 4, 2020 7:48 am

Glad to hear from you, amigo.

Gaucho100K Jul 7, 2020 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 32507055)
Glad to hear from you, amigo.

Thanks for keep an eye out for your Moderator.... LOL :D

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

GUWonder Jul 8, 2020 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 32515469)
Thanks for keep an eye out for your Moderator.... LOL :D

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

I have to keep an eye or two on myself, and so even as a listed potential eye donor I may have no more eyes to give for quite some time. I have known that those on the hunt for witches (to burn at the stake, hang, sink or whatever else) proclaim that third eyes make for a witch. And so I can neither confirm nor deny having a third eye; and I must instead preserve, protect and defend the US Constitution and hope to find solace in an appreciation for the principles embodied in the Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendment of my cherished Constitution whenever and wherever a person may be discussed as being a witch or some other dark creature. :D

Notice the absence of the Fourth? :D

lhrsfo Jul 13, 2020 5:33 am

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what GU Wonder's last post means, but I'm intrigued by Gaucho 100K's journey. Here in the UK, wine consumption has gone up substantially during the Pandemic (and 99% of that is imported obviously). Demand for Argentine wine is as strong as ever, so please focus some of the sales activities on our market!

Gaucho100K Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo (Post 32527874)
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what GU Wonder's last post means, but I'm intrigued by Gaucho 100K's journey. Here in the UK, wine consumption has gone up substantially during the Pandemic (and 99% of that is imported obviously). Demand for Argentine wine is as strong as ever, so please focus some of the sales activities on our market!

We are once again shipping wine to our International Clients. Just sent out 5 shipments on route to the USA. Tomorrow we will be sending out our 1st shipment to Iceland !!!!

Im just now working on a new quote for a couple of cases of one of my LHR based clients. Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with !!!

Cheers,
Gaucho100K