Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Confused about flying to EZE from any US city (June 7)

Old Jun 7, 20, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Are there any plans to lift travel restrictions to Argentina anytime soon?

I don't know where to go to get latest information
Old Jun 7, 20, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Argentina is essentially closed to the outside world until September 1 at the present time.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Its been a while since they first posted it, but most updates are listed in the U.S. Embassy Health Alerts, which come out about 5 days/week. Here's a link to one from May noting the suspension of commercial flights until September 1:
https://ar.usembassy.gov/argentina-h...lert-05072020/
Old Jun 15, 20, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by ULDB65 View Post
Its been a while since they first posted it, but most updates are listed in the U.S. Embassy Health Alerts, which come out about 5 days/week. Here's a link to one from May noting the suspension of commercial flights until September 1:
https://ar.usembassy.gov/argentina-h...lert-05072020/
thanks

I have a confirmed ticket from LAX-EZE via IAH on United for Sept 7

I can cancel without penalty prior to August 7

I will not be able to fly to Argentina and quarantine for 14 days; any guesses as to what the new policy will be moving forward?

It seems that if they open the country back up, they might still have a forced quarantine
Old Jun 15, 20, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
thanks

I have a confirmed ticket from LAX-EZE via IAH on United for Sept 7

I can cancel without penalty prior to August 7

I will not be able to fly to Argentina and quarantine for 14 days; any guesses as to what the new policy will be moving forward?

It seems that if they open the country back up, they might still have a forced quarantine
Looking into my crystal ball on the desk here for an answer will be about as useful as any reply you'll receive. I've got a trip scheduled at about the same time. Ok, I did think of a useful reply. Sit tight until August 6 and reassess.
Guessing is just guessing right now. There's no education in anyone's guess.
Old Jun 15, 20, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Looking into my crystal ball on the desk here for an answer will be about as useful as any reply you'll receive. I've got a trip scheduled at about the same time. Ok, I did think of a useful reply. Sit tight until August 6 and reassess.
Guessing is just guessing right now. There's no education in anyone's guess.
thanks and even having you say its just a guess actually is informational!

Thats kind of my thinking too
Old Jun 17, 20, 10:16 am

I've been wondering the same. I have a flight from MIA-EZE Aug 21st currently. I just received an email from the hotel I was staying at, Hotel Panamericano, and they have canceled my reservation. National Decree from National Govt forbids Argentinian Residents and Non-Residents guests in a hotel until Aug. 31st. Basically, it looks like they are closing all hotels until then, at least based on what my email states.
Old Jun 17, 20, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21 View Post
I've been wondering the same. I have a flight from MIA-EZE Aug 21st currently. I just received an email from the hotel I was staying at, Hotel Panamericano, and they have canceled my reservation. National Decree from National Govt forbids Argentinian Residents and Non-Residents guests in a hotel until Aug. 31st. Basically, it looks like they are closing all hotels until then, at least based on what my email states.
The earliest you can enter the country is September 1, and it looks like that may be extended to September 15 in short order.
Old Jun 17, 20, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
The earliest you can enter the country is September 1, and it looks like that may be extended to September 15 in short order.
Link for Sept 15?
Old Jun 17, 20, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
Link for Sept 15?
Nothing official yet.
https://www.infobae.com/politica/202...-buenos-aires/
Old Jun 22, 20, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
A couple of weeks ago things were looking good for flights to resume as normal on 1st September but virus related things have taken a turn for the worse lately with the number of new cases rising sharply. It's all in the lap of the gods at the moment so best wait as long as you can before deciding what to do.
Old Jun 22, 20, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
I'd been living with the "not before September, at the earliest" message -so it was surprising to see this on the IATA website:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
Old Jun 22, 20, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
I'd been living with the "not before September, at the earliest" message -so it was surprising to see this on the IATA website:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
as someone wanting to get back to my wife it is interesting. I know IATA was trying to convince Argentina to open the borders earlier than September 1st. I won’t hold my breathe though
Old Jun 23, 20, 7:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
There's been some discussions about allowing a limited number of international commercial flights to land in Ezeiza before September (e.g. 1x weekly AF, 1x weekly LH, etc.) but nothing is confirmed.
Old Jun 23, 20, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
There's been some discussions about allowing a limited number of international commercial flights to land in Ezeiza before September (e.g. 1x weekly AF, 1x weekly LH, etc.) but nothing is confirmed.
Yet Lufthansa is working in the opposite direction. It was selling FRA EZE tickets from early September, but has now zeroed all capacity until November ......

Search this Thread
Search Engine: