Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Travelers to Argentina to face mandatory 14 day quarantine

Travelers to Argentina to face mandatory 14 day quarantine

Old Mar 12, 20, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM lifetime Platinum, Expedia +gold +++
Originally Posted by Carberry View Post
I heard from an informed source that flights to / from “countries of risk” will be suspended for 30 days. This would include USA and Europe.
https://www.clarin.com/politica/coro..._A51gI9gc.html Looks like its already been signed by the president.
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 5:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by spainflyer View Post
Not sure about this new restriction:

What a nuisance! It used to be so easy to cross the Italy-Argentina border!
Maybe you can hire a coyote to get you across...

Originally Posted by FAA1996 View Post
I'm curious to see if anyone has any more information on how this will affect leisure travelers? I have tickets MIA to EZE for this Monday the 16th coming back on Thuesday the 19th. I'm pretty sure I'm not going but wondering what my options are for cancelling or getting refunded through my insurance company for hotel and airfare.
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
I'm flying from the US via MEX to EZE, and I'm supposed to leave this upcoming weekend. At this point, according to Reuters, no visas will be issued for for people coming from the US and other countries (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20Z23G).

What recourse do we have if a government literally and legally won't permit entry? I know most travel insurance doesn't cover a disinclination to travel due to epidemic or pandemic; however, in this case, I physically am being barred from entry. Thoughts?
Id contact the airline and advocate for a cancellation with full refund, because you don’t seem to have any recourse in this instance if the DUN order goes through today or tomorrow. The problem is an airline might look at the act as something beyond their control, force majeure. Same with insurance. How do they deal with for e majeure issues?Good luck.
Old Mar 12, 20, 6:42 pm

Supposed to fly into EZE from the US on April 18th. I have no idea what to do. That's over a month away but I really don't see how anyting can get better in that time.

Last edited by MissJ; Mar 12, 20 at 7:15 pm
Old Mar 12, 20, 6:46 pm

On the other hand, I'm in EZE due to fly back to jfk over the weekend....

Last edited by jcf27; Mar 12, 20 at 7:10 pm
Old Mar 12, 20, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by jcf27 View Post
Meanwhile I'm in EZE due to fly back to jfk over the weekend....
Are flights still going in and out?
Old Mar 12, 20, 7:15 pm

Are flights still going in and out?
AFAIK, they are... Who knows tomorrow....
Old Mar 13, 20, 5:34 am

Newsroom - American Airlines Announces Additional Schedule Changes in Response to Customer Demand Related to COVID-19 - American Airlines Group, Inc.

AA is canceling flights to EZE starting Monday March 16...
Old Mar 13, 20, 11:58 am

Programs: DL GM
Posted this in another thread but IATA seems convinced of both the 14-day quarantine and the suspension of flights from many countries including the USA (https://www.iata.org/en/programs/saf...ch=&country=AR):

Declared risk zones: EU member states, Schengen, UK and North Ireland, USA, Korea (Rep.), Japan, China and Iran. All flights from declared risk zones are suspended for 30 days as of 17 March, with the exemption of Aerolineas Argentinas. Crew with no symptoms are authorized to return. Passengers traveling or transiting from China, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Japan, Spain, Korea (Rep.), or USA, will be subject to 14 day quarantine - crew are exempt. Passengers traveling from affected countries may land on a separate platform and have to sign an affidavid saying they have not felt any symptoms prior to arrival.
Even though I can't find anything on the government's website confirming this, we've decided to cancel an entire South American trip which included Argentina.
Old Mar 13, 20, 6:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I can vouch the USA and France are in the list of banned countries. The USA, because a friend from Buenos Aires happened to be in NYC and managed to get into one of the last flights to Ezeiza before the lockdown. France -- I was supposed to go back to BA in a few weeks for work and ended up cancelling because of this mess. I was looking forward to seeing some friends and fetching some books I left at home, but oh well, Amazon will have to do.

Stay safe and wash your hands everyone
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:12 pm

If anybody has any personal anecdotal information about entering AR since the lockdown, we'd like to hear about it. We travelled to UY for the first leg of our trip last week, and had planned to take the ferry to BA from here. We've delayed the ferry, and are assessing what to do next. The information about the terms of mandatory isolation are somewhat vague as far as we've found, with some information seemingly suggesting that there's some form of screening, which if passed, might allow for more flexibility in moving around. I understand all the warnings and such, just looking for some data points in order to make our own assessment.
Anyhow, again, looking for **personal, anecdotal information, specifically about entry by ferry**.

Thanks!

Last edited by jnagar; Mar 13, 20 at 7:12 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:38 pm

American cancelled all flights to Argentina today, waiting for my refunds....
Old Mar 13, 20, 9:32 pm

American cancelled all flights to Argentina today, waiting for my refunds....
Please define 'today' and provide evidence.
Old Mar 13, 20, 10:06 pm

Newsroom - American Airlines Announces Additional Schedule Changes in Response to Customer Demand Related to COVID-19 - American Airlines Group, Inc.

Today ​​​​​​= 3/12/20, per the release. The south American suspensions listed begin 3/16-3/19 depending on the route.

South America

• Suspending service from MIA, JFK, DFW, LAX to Buenos Aires (EZE) and ending service from MIA to Cordoba, Argentina (COR)
Old Mar 14, 20, 3:29 am

The press release has been referenced on this thread and was issued on the 12th at 9:10pm. I finally got my "your flight is canceled" emails yesteday the 13th around 6 or 7pm.
Old Mar 14, 20, 3:37 am

BTW, the Argentine president issued a ban on Thursday on all flights coming form the most affected countries which include the US. So this not a decision by the airlines and none of them had a choice but to cancel the flights, not just AA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: