NYE in Argentina

Old Aug 30, 19, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
NYE in Argentina

I know this is kind of advanced planning, but I am thinking of coming to Argentina over New Years. I know New Years is kind of quiet since people spend it with their family.

Does anyone know of any restaurants that are planning a special dinner in BsAs or even in Mendoza?

In the past I have had a great time at a similar dinner on New Years eve at Pura Tierra, but I understand that restaurant is now closed.

Any ideas for Mendoza or Buenos Aires?
Old Aug 31, 19, 2:54 am

It might be worth contacting the top 5 star hotels who are very likely to be doing something for New Year.
Old Oct 9, 19, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hey timbre, I will in Buenos Aires for NYE. Have you found anything interesting?
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I am a bit of a foodie (ok a lot of a foodie) and I have a lead on a well regarded restaurant that is going to do a special menu that night ... of course, no details yet (it is still Latin America), but I will post details here when I know them. Is this the sort of thing you are interested in?
Old Oct 9, 19, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Can't help with recommendations as I don't live in BA. However since coming to live here I've noticed a bit of a change when it comes to seeing in the New Year. It used to come a poor second to Christmas but is now gaining more popularity especially amongst the young....at least it is out in the pampas. I'm sure you'll find somewhere. Your hotel concierge will help you out.
Old Oct 10, 19, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Can't help with recommendations as I don't live in BA. However since coming to live here I've noticed a bit of a change when it comes to seeing in the New Year. It used to come a poor second to Christmas but is now gaining more popularity especially amongst the young....at least it is out in the pampas. I'm sure you'll find somewhere. Your hotel concierge will help you out.
I asked the concierge and they said they wonít have any details until 6-8 weeks before NYE.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 10, 19, 4:35 pm

Iím now thinking tango show...
Old Oct 12, 19, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
I’m now thinking tango show...
IMHO by far the best tango show in BsAs is the Roja Tango at the Faena hotel. https://www.rojotango.com/ I have probably seen the show 5 times and would go see it 50 more.

I called to find out if they had a New Years show and indeed they have a New Years party including show, dinner and dancing but as I recall is was US$700 per person. While their regular show with dinner is US$260 (which is expensive), the whole NYE hotel party is just not my scene. However, I do hope to go the following weekend if they are not taking time off.

If this is what you are looking for, I would definitely recommend their show.

Last edited by timbre; Oct 12, 19 at 3:28 pm
Old Oct 12, 19, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Iím now thinking tango show...
https://www.viejoalmacen.com.ar/fin2019/index.html

This place in my neighborhood has a $200 promo. I've never been. It seems popular among the tourist crowd. I've never seen an ambulance come to save anyone and I walk by there frequently.
Old Oct 12, 19, 6:21 pm

I also contacted Rojo Tango but 700 USD is just ridiculous.

Iíve seen that basically all tango venues organise a night, and most have ďmore reasonableĒ prices.
Old Oct 12, 19, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
https://www.viejoalmacen.com.ar/fin2019/index.html

This place in my neighborhood has a $200 promo. I've never been. It seems popular among the tourist crowd. I've never seen an ambulance come to save anyone and I walk by there frequently.
Saw this! Itís a contender

Search this Thread