Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Mendoza to EZE to USA - immigration/customs help

Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Hi, I need help with the process of arriving to EZE via domestic flight and then leaving on an international flight. I will be arriving EZE from Mendoza (Aerolineas) at 8:45pm into Terminal C. I am then departing EZE to Miami (AA) at 10:40pm out of Terminal A. I am not checking any bags.

I understand there is a long line for departure immigrations? But does anyone know if I have to go through security again after arriving into Terminal A? Also, American told me on the phone that I can get my boarding pass via online check-in and not have to wait in line for a boarding pass, but has anyone had another experience?

My other option is to get to EZE at 4:30pm, but that seems like a waste of time if I don't have to go through security again and I don't have to wait in line for a boarding pass or to check bags. Could anyone share their experiences/advice? THANK YOU!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by beccaflies
Hi, I need help with the process of arriving to EZE via domestic flight and then leaving on an international flight. I will be arriving EZE from Mendoza (Aerolineas) at 8:45pm into Terminal C. I am then departing EZE to Miami (AA) at 10:40pm out of Terminal A. I am not checking any bags.

I understand there is a long line for departure immigrations? But does anyone know if I have to go through security again after arriving into Terminal A? Also, American told me on the phone that I can get my boarding pass via online check-in and not have to wait in line for a boarding pass, but has anyone had another experience?

My other option is to get to EZE at 4:30pm, but that seems like a waste of time if I don't have to go through security again and I don't have to wait in line for a boarding pass or to check bags. Could anyone share their experiences/advice? THANK YOU!
AFAIK there is no airside connection between domestic arrivals and international departures. You will have to leave Terminal C and walk to Terminal A (it's a 5-10 min walk) and then go again through security and immigration at T-A. Besides, while all terminals are connected airside, police agents will not allow you to clear security and immigration at Terminal C if your flight checks in at Terminal A (I have already tried this a few times, always unsuccessfully).

This makes your connection doable but very tight, particularly should your MDZ flight be delayed for any reason. I would only risk it if both flights are on the same ticket. Otherwise I'd go for the 4.30pm flight.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Marambio
AFAIK there is no airside connection between domestic arrivals and international departures.
Exactly. Everyone needs to formally exit Argentina prior to an international departure.

Curious when you're traveling? By October, the terminal setup should be different. Nonetheless, you'll still have to "exit" Argentina, and your entry to the international departures area will consist of (1) a BP scan (sometimes there's a short line if the security checkpoint is backed up), (2) security checkpoint, and (3) immigration booth. Allow an hour for this at peak times. It will probably take you 30 minutes.

Note that AA ground staff at some point is likely going to want to verify docs if you OLCI.

Take the earlier flight. Hopefully you have lounge access.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you - this is very helpful! I’m flying in early September. I’ll take the earlier flight based on the comments here.

And yes, I have Amex Centurion lounge access but I’ve heard it’s not the best at EZE.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I hear that Macri will inaugurate the new Terminal during the last week of September....all my mates who work with AA2000 have had their leave cancelled !
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by beccaflies
Thank you - this is very helpful! I’m flying in early September. I’ll take the earlier flight based on the comments here.

And yes, I have Amex Centurion lounge access but I’ve heard it’s not the best at EZE.
The EZE Centurion lounge is nice, and the food is perfectly fine. I've been to it many times, the last visit was in March of this year.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
The EZE Centurion lounge is nice, and the food is perfectly fine. I've been to it many times, the last visit was in March of this year.
It is a pleasantly-appointed lounge, which in the evening, looks and sounds like a romper room, with getting to the food sort of like getting to the most popular Costco sample stands on a weekend afternoon.

That said, at your arrival hour, it will be prior to quilombo-time, and you'll be able to set up camp in a preferred area, preferably with a functioning multi-zone electrical outlet, and fill up on Chandon bubbles before the bottles suffer from frequent self-empty, and infrequent replacement when the staff can barely keep up.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Eastbay1K has summed it up . The lounge is decent but it gets busy at times

I have Oneworld status again , so I haven't been to Centurion for a few months . I liked it and i even paid the entry fee a couple of times.

I prefer the American / BA / Iberia Lounge , as the food options and drinks are a little better.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
In the last couple of years, I was flying LATAM out of EZE and instead of heading to the relatively busy LATAM lounge, I'd head over to the very quiet Admirals Club. I thought it was fantastic for how quiet it was. The food was OK, no great shakes, but I did love that they had ice cream bars. It was also more bright than the very dark LATAM lounge. It's in the same vein as the newer Admirals club, very similar to the one in Sao Paulo
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
In the last couple of years, I was flying LATAM out of EZE and instead of heading to the relatively busy LATAM lounge, I'd head over to the very quiet Admirals Club. I thought it was fantastic for how quiet it was. The food was OK, no great shakes, but I did love that they had ice cream bars. It was also more bright than the very dark LATAM lounge. It's in the same vein as the newer Admirals club, very similar to the one in Sao Paulo
If you hit the AA lounge during the evening peak, it is one of the most crowded ACs anywhere in their system.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:16 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Nice is always relative...… I would say that the "normal" Centurion lounge is passable. Cannot compare it to similar lounges in SFO or other US based hubs. The food is quite basic, and can be pathetic if you are not there at the right times... and there are many other details. Drinks are also very basic, wines offered are Plonk. Managing expectations is the name of the game, IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.