Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July 2nd Total Eclipse Transport out of the city

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Gaucho 100K . YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG....!!!!!!!

Hiddy and all the rest of the West of Scotland guys who live in Argentina are totally normal . Its the other 40 million who live here that are crazy.
Hear, hear!!! ^
malagajohn likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:11 pm

Since this thread is about the July solar eclipse, I assumed this would be a good place to ask a related question.
I'm flying in/out on the AA MIA-COR flight since I will be viewing the eclipse in the town of Merlo, San Luis provenice. There are 1 or 2 daily long-haul bus trips between Cordoba and Merlo. Any local info about bus companies Chevallier or Andesmar? I don't drive a manual shift car normally and there are mountains to traverse.
Thanks...
Old May 30, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Since this thread is about the July solar eclipse, I assumed this would be a good place to ask a related question.
I'm flying in/out on the AA MIA-COR flight since I will be viewing the eclipse in the town of Merlo, San Luis provenice. There are 1 or 2 daily long-haul bus trips between Cordoba and Merlo. Any local info about bus companies Chevallier or Andesmar? I don't drive a manual shift car normally and there are mountains to traverse.
Thanks...
Although bus travel may not be as great an experience here as it used to be the well known coach operators including the two you mention are to be trusted. Very good value with excellent staff. I've done quite lot of trips both long and short all without any problems.
Marambio likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Thanks...
Both Chevallier and Andesmar are among the largest and best-known long-distance bus companies here. Andesmar used to have newer buses than Chevallier (I haven’t travelled by bus in years, so I may be outdated), but any of the two should be fine.

The journey from Córdoba to Merlo will take you through the Camino de las Altas Cumbres, which, if skies are clear enough, should allow for some pretty nice views. ¡Buen viaje!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:34 pm

Update. I am sharing a car with some friends, so no need to use the buses.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:25 am

The weather forecast is looking pretty good for Tuesday. ^

Which is lucky as the weather has been ruddy awful recently.
malagajohn likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: none
I couldnt see it lol
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
In that case, welcome to the Club !!!!

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Gaucho 100K . YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG....!!!!!!!

Hiddy and all the rest of the West of Scotland guys who live in Argentina are totally normal . Its the other 40 million who live here that are crazy.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:45 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Red face

Hiddy, old friend... need I remind folks which one of us wears a skirt....???

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hear, hear!!! ^
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by infraaa
I couldnt see it lol
Despite it being partly cloudy I saw it. However as it was so close to sunset anyway the effect wasn't as spectacular as it would have been had it happened a couple of hours earlier.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Hiddy, old friend... need I remind folks which one of us wears a skirt....???

Not in this weather I don't!!! It's' freezing and the 'crown-jewels' have to be kept warm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.