Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Need some help buying a book for delivery in Argentina

Old Jul 14, 18, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, VS Silver, otherwise riffraff

Hi, I would like to buy a Spanish-language book about Frank Lloyd Wright as a gift for a family member who lives in Buenos Aires. The title is available on Mercadolibre, but there are two obstacles to making the purchase: (1) the site doesn't seem to allow a gift order addressed to someone other than the purchaser; and (2) a DNI number is required to use a credit or debit card. I'm in the US and don't have a DNI number.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get around these issues and perhaps other online resources that can ship in-country. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Best regards,
Dave
Old Jul 14, 18, 6:45 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , AV
Hi Dave ...just remember that some of the books sold on Mercado Libre are second hand . If you cant understand fully . please feel free to send me a pm
best, John
Flying Machine and Gaucho100K like this.
Old Jul 19, 18, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Can you obtain the book, in Spanish, via a service such as AbeBooks, and ship it down?
Old Aug 3, 18, 6:18 pm

Better World Books sells second hand books and ships to Argentina successfully. I can confirm first hand and have done so on 3 different occasions now.
Gaucho100K likes this.

Search this Thread