USD/ARS Exchange hits new record high!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USD/ARS Exchange hits new record high!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
For proper Cakes, it’s best to avoid the pseudo-industrial chains. I suggest you look out for a Maru Botana Café and try their ample assortment of Cakes and Pies.... and then tell me if you still remember thus Kroke Madman (or however it called)
A croque madame is a sandwich. A French ham and cheese sandwich..
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Now back to the thread title

53.12 Bid
58.12 Ask

Country Risk 1738

From Bloomberg:
Fitch Ratings downgraded Argentina deeper into junk territory Friday, indicating the country was at “substantial” risk of default after the populist opposition won a landslide victory in Sunday’s primary election.

The South American nation’s long-term issuer rating was cut by three notches to CCC from B, putting Argentina on par with Zambia and the Republic of Congo.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 16, 2019 at 3:45 pm
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Argentina has a leadership crisis

Article from Barrons:

https://www.barrons.com/articles/arg...et-51565978865

What are your thoughts?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Interesting perspective from Bloomberg

Interesting perspective from Bloomberg, curious to know your thoughts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Interesting perspective from Bloomberg, curious to know your thoughts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium
I think your last 2 posts are totally /PR land. And now your curiosity has been satiated.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I think your last 2 posts are totally /PR land. And now your curiosity has been satiated.
When you say PR are you meaning public relations? If so, why is that? Did you happen to read the articles and are interested in rendering an opinion. I’m just looking to hear peoples perspective about an unfortunate situation that occurred, and potential outcomes for the future, especially from our fellow members on the ground

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 17, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you say PR are you meaning public relations? If so, why is that? Did you happen to read the articles and are interested in rendering an opinion. I’m just looking to hear peoples perspective about an unfortunate situation that occurred, and potential outcomes for the future, especially from our fellow members on the ground
I mean OMNI/PR - this is all political chat.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
A croque madame is a sandwich. A French ham and cheese sandwich..
Sandwich.....? Yes, in some places they are called "tostados de jamon y queso", in others "ham & cheese melt"..... but I think you missed the point entirely.

http://croquemadame.com.ar/

The post I was making reference to was not about a ham & cheese snack.... unless I need to know about a Sandwich that can sell Chocolate Cake. Perhaps you can go back and read the above posts and give me a few pointers on English Reading Comprehension.

I apologize, but English is not my native language so I guess I missed something....?

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 19, 2019 at 3:52 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I live out in the sticks so rarely have the pleasure of drinking a Malbec dinner with steak/chips/salad on the side in Buenos Aires. Alex is your man to answer that.
There's an easy cure for that. Some of us have been waiting years for a HIDDYappearance at a COW DO. You have another chance in about ten days. Please?
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Folks-- no more Political related posts on this thread please, only strictly Foreign Exchange related posts please. Political stuff will be deleted/moved to OMNI PR.

Thanks to everybody for your cooperation.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Sandwich.....? Yes, in some places they are called "tostados de jamon y queso", in others "ham & cheese melt"..... but I think you missed the point entirely.

Croque Madame

The post I was making reference to was not about a ham & cheese snack.... unless I need to know about a Sandwich that can sell Chocolate Cake. Perhaps you can go back and read the above posts and give me a few pointers on English Reading Comprehension.

I apologize, but English is not my native language so I guess I missed something....?
I guess I was confused by your post as well! I sent you a PM, Thanks for the tip of the bakery never knew..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 20, 2019 at 5:40 am
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's an easy cure for that. Some of us have been waiting years for a HIDDYappearance at a COW DO. You have another chance in about ten days. Please?
The Day Hiddy appears at the Cow Do will be the day he buys a US$ 50 bottle of Wine, or the Day Kristina turns into an Honest Politician.

HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

From Gustavo Neffa

Looks like tomorrow’s going to be an interesting day for the exchange rate. Especially since today was a bank holiday

Tomorrow the sovereign "D" bonds in dollars start with an 8-10% drop in their parities. The exchange rate could rise between 6 and 8% of entry. No exchange rate coverage already offer. They will fall until measured in pesos. Let's not even talk about bonds in pesos.

Mañana los bonos "D" soberanos en dólares arrancan con una caída del 8-10% en sus paridades. El tipo de cambio podría subir entre 6 y 8% de entrada. Ni cobertura del tipo de cambio ofrecen ya. Van a caer hasta medidos en pesos. Ni hablemos de los bonos en pesos.

Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Day Hiddy appears at the Cow Do will be the day he buys a US$ 50 bottle of Wine, or the Day Kristina turns into an Honest Politician.

Not only that, the US$50 bottle will be a Nebuchadnezzar.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Back to regularly scheduled exchange posting

Country Risk 1879

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 19, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.