Wiki Posts
Search

New York Times: 36 Hours in Mendoza Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
New York Times: 36 Hours in Mendoza Argentina

The reliably clear blue skies of Mendoza, with the Andes lined up in the distance and vines everywhere you look, create driving conditions so perfect the wine can seem almost secondary. To fully explore the area’s wineries, you’ll have to travel south and east of the city to the wine-producing regions of the Uco Valley and Maipu. But making the urban center your base means easier access to night life and great restaurants — the city’s gastronomic scene has been growing in leaps and bounds, along with tasting rooms where you can sample not just the mighty malbec, but other varietals like bonarda and torrontés.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/t...e=sectionfront
Old May 17, 2018, 7:17 am

Nice,
My brother just relocated to San Rafael. I'm looking forward to visit him next November. Although I'm from Argentina, I've never visited Mendoza. I'm thirsty just thinking about it! :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.