late night ground from EZE to hotel? - help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold

Hi there,
so I've been doing some research and reading this board. I'll be arriving at EZE at approx 9PM on a Friday night and then will need to get to my hotel in the Capital Federal (forgive me if that's irrelevant, but this is my first visit to BA). Many of the shuttles seem to end earlier so can someone lay out my options for ground transpo please and thank you. I'd prefer an inexpensive option but I'd love to know what the full range is please? also, I'll have just one carry-on bag. Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you're looking for something less expensive than a private vehicle (remis), it seems that the Manuel Tienda Leon bus is still running at that hour: http://www.tiendaleon.com/destacadocentral/home/

It's not particularly late. The bus will take you to their depot (Terminal Madero) from which you can likely take a taxi to your hotel.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
9pm isn't late at all!

Both Manuel Tienda León and Arbus still operate. MTL will drop you off at Retiro while Arbus' stop is on 9 de Julio (Carlos Pellegrini) off the Hotel Panamericano. I have never tried Arbus, MTL is fine and for a small extra fee they will then offer you a shared car to your final destination.

I still think Uber is the most convenient service ex-EZE. At 9pm they won't be much traffic, so the price will not be much more than any of the coach services.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:51 am

Last year I paid 400 pesos for a taxi EZE-San Telmo.
With the inflation running high in Argentina, do you think this price is still workable now?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by abeyro
Last year I paid 400 pesos for a taxi EZE-San Telmo.
With the inflation running high in Argentina, do you think this price is still workable now?
I think the rates are about $600+ now. To the OP, do yourself a favo(u)r. Get one of the taxi services. You prepay inside, and will be brought to the car. No idea where in the city your hotel is, so getting from the MTL terminal (should you take that bus) to your hotel would be a few minutes, or require serious backtracking or out-of-the-way routing.
HIDDY and malagajohn like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I think the rates are about $600+ now. To the OP, do yourself a favo(u)r. Get one of the taxi services. You prepay inside, and will be brought to the car. No idea where in the city your hotel is, so getting from the MTL terminal (should you take that bus) to your hotel would be a few minutes, or require serious backtracking or out-of-the-way routing.
Sound advice for the first time visitor.
Eastbay1K and malagajohn like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:08 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Current Rates for Manuel Tienda Leon....

Mini Van (Partner) from EZE to City, AR$1080
Standard Sedan (Remise) from EZE to City, AR$910

The Partner category vehicle can accomodate up to 4 adjults with bags or 3 adults with a large load of bags. Most standardd Remises would be similar to compact cars in the USA and therefore be an issue for 2 adults traveling with an above average luggage load... remember that cars in Argentina are very small when compared to US standards.

I dont have the current EZE Taxi rates, I will try to dig them and post here.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
As per its website (http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar), Taxi Ezeiza is charging 720 pesos from EZE to the city.

At my time of writing (11pm on a Sunday night, so no traffic at all), Uber is quoting between 293 and 409 pesos for the same ride.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP here. thank you all for taking time to reply. I am MOST grateful and appreciative for the fare and rate info. VERY VALUABLE. Thank you all, again. I think I'm going to just use Uber but having the other info is quite valuable as I always like to have a "plan A and B" in place so knowing all the options is quite helpful. thank you!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Marambio
As per its website (http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar), Taxi Ezeiza is charging 720 pesos from EZE to the city.

At my time of writing (11pm on a Sunday night, so no traffic at all), Uber is quoting between 293 and 409 pesos for the same ride.
How can their quotes vary so much?

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
I think I'm going to just use Uber but having the other info is quite valuable as I always like to have a "plan A and B" in place so knowing all the options is quite helpful. thank you!
The pick up area at EZE can be a bit of a nightmare. It used to be the case your driver could park up and wait for you outside before they started forcing drivers to move on if they weren't loading/unloading.
What our driver does now is he parks up away from the terminal and awaits our phone call telling him we've exited the terminal before coming to get us...we usually go and stand at a point furthest away from the main exit so he'll be able to spot us and park more easily.
I've no idea how you arrange this with your Uber driver though.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Almost certainly at 9pm on a Friday night , surge pricing will be in force. We have now stopped using Uber at this time and just use one of the decent radiotaxi companies when we have to move about town
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:59 am

I always use MTL with the transfer to hotel add-on. Just checked my CC statement and it was $13.01 from airport in the middle of this month. Money is not a problem for me but I'm not one to waste it. I like a big bus on busy roads. Some of the cab drivers in EZE are nuts! Even when on an expense account , I still took MTL.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by anc305
I always use MTL with the transfer to hotel add-on. Just checked my CC statement and it was $13.01 from airport in the middle of this month. Money is not a problem for me but I'm not one to waste it. I like a big bus on busy roads. Some of the cab drivers in EZE are nuts! Even when on an expense account , I still took MTL.
I find taking the MTL Bus and Transfer (Translado) an inexpensive and safe mode. Always use them and never an issue even with late evening arrivals. Once your bags are Xrayed on arrivals you will go throught a door into a smaller room with counters for ground services (MTL has a counter there). Let them know your final address and request the Bus/Transfer Option. They will give you a 2 part ticket. One is for the bus to Retiro and the other from there to your Hotel/Final Destination. It's important to have that 2 part ticket as they don't sell the final leg once your at the Retiro Station. Should be about $13 USD all in. You get on the bus and give bags to the man checking them in (hold onto your bag claim receipt) Once at Retiro claim your bags and then there will be some men with clipboards or go to the desk inside (they will ask for your final address) and there are several remise there to take you to your final destination (they wil group you into 2/3/4 passengers per car) and then route you all collectively to your respective destinations. The Remise drivers know the city like a book, drive well and load your addresses into a GPS to make the route for all drop offs.. I normally get to Palermo Viejo within 20 minutes after arrival in Retiro. Safe Travels and they will pick you up for the ride back to EZE if you make a reservation a day in advance.. Credit Cards taken as well with ease..
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
With all the protests against Uber operating in Argentina by the taxi drivers, is it safe to use Uber in Buenos Aires?

I'm planning on a trip to Buenos Aires later this year. I would like to take Uber from Ezezia airport to my hotel, but my husband is concerned.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by happychic
With all the protests against Uber operating in Argentina by the taxi drivers, is it safe to use Uber in Buenos Aires?

I'm planning on a trip to Buenos Aires later this year. I would like to take Uber from Ezezia airport to my hotel, but my husband is concerned.
Yes it is safe. Uber vehicles do not display any signage, so it's just a private car picking up a passenger in the melee that is arrivals/departures at EZE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.