Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Change of airport between EZE and AEP, will the luggage be checked through?

Old Jul 11, 17, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Looking at a flight from Miami to Ushuaia with a transfer in Buenos Aires with 5.5 hours of connection time.

My question is: will my luggage will checked through from Miami to Ushuaia or will I have to collect my luggage at EZE and then check in again in AEP?
Old Jul 11, 17, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Dream of Flying View Post
My question is: will my luggage will checked through from Miami to Ushuaia or will I have to collect my luggage at EZE and then check in again in AEP?
You will pick up your luggage, as it has to go through Argentina customs @ EZE. You will then enjoy the company of your luggage as you cross the city and then bid it a temporary adieu at AEP.
Old Jul 11, 17, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
You will pick up your luggage, as it has to go through Argentina customs @ EZE. You will then enjoy the company of your luggage as you cross the city and then bid it a temporary adieu at AEP.
Thanks!

I have another option that does not involve any change of airport. It goes from Miami to EZE and then EZE to Ushuaia with 4 hours of connection time. Called Aerolinas Argentinas and was told the luggage would be checked through from Miami to Ushuaia if I choose that option.

Now that sounds much easier to me but I wonder how secure the luggage transfer is.

To those of you who have experience with Argentina flights, which flight option would you say is less risky with luggage as well as reaching Ushuaia on time? A 5.5 hr transfer from EZE to AEP or a 4 hr transfer at EZE which checks luggage right through?
Old Jul 11, 17, 11:29 pm
Suspended

If the AEP flight is on Aerolineas, the last adieu might be of a more permanent variety.
Old Jul 11, 17, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeweyCheathem View Post
If the AEP flight is on Aerolineas, the last adieu might be of a more permanent variety.
I haven't been hearing much (if anything) in the horror story department re: AR on their domestic/regional flights, except on a labo(u)r disruption day.
Old Jul 12, 17, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Would you say a checked through MIA to EZE to USH luggage might be safer?

(Not that the luggage's contents are of super high monetary value, but for this particular expedition trip, losing them would cause a high level of inconvenience.)
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To those of you who have experience with Argentina flights, which flight option would you say is less risky with luggage as well as reaching Ushuaia on time? A 5.5 hr transfer from EZE to AEP or a 4 hr transfer at EZE which checks luggage right through?
I'd expect that while your bags will be tagged through, you'll still be claiming them @ EZE (and then dropping them off again) as it is your first port of entry into Argentina.
Old Jul 14, 17, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I'd expect that while your bags will be tagged through, you'll still be claiming them @ EZE (and then dropping them off again) as it is your first port of entry into Argentina.
Even if you have to I would certainly choose the EZE-USH option over the hassle of getting to AEP and the extra risks involved.
Old Jul 14, 17, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Even if you have to I would certainly choose the EZE-USH option over the hassle of getting to AEP and the extra risks involved.

Thanks everyone.

BTW, I understand Aerolineas Argentinas offers a free voucher for transfers between AEP and EZE, is that still the case?
Old Aug 2, 17, 10:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I have never had any issues with checked-in luggage on Aerolíneas (knock and wood) and I do travel quite often with them.

I would most certainly pick the MIA-EZE-USH option, although you will probably have to re-check your luggage at EZE as you shall clear customs at your point of entry.

Thanks everyone.

BTW, I understand Aerolineas Argentinas offers a free voucher for transfers between AEP and EZE, is that still the case?
Aerolíneas has a coach service called "Arbus" which I think is included in the ticket price when you need to change airports, but I would double check with them. Otherwise the Arbus is 180 ARS (10 USD).

Search this Thread