Reload this Page >

NYC - EZE Delta vs Anerican

Old Jul 5, 17, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat

Hi All,

Of all the airlines that fly direct between NYC and BUE which has the most comfortable Economy or Econ Plus seat? Same question for Business class.

I am currently booked on Delta (Aerolineas) sitting on the aisle in a B seat. I fly to Asia a lot and send the $$ on biz class, but these tickets in Biz are over $5,000 and that seems a little ridiculous. The options for upgrading with miles are also unacceptable to me.

Appreciate your recommendations
Old Jul 5, 17, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Not sure of your travel dates.. But..

Originally Posted by nerdkiller View Post
Hi All,

Of all the airlines that fly direct between NYC and BUE which has the most comfortable Economy or Econ Plus seat? Same question for Business class.

I am currently booked on Delta (Aerolineas) sitting on the aisle in a B seat. I fly to Asia a lot and send the $$ on biz class, but these tickets in Biz are over $5,000 and that seems a little ridiculous. The options for upgrading with miles are also unacceptable to me.

Appreciate your recommendations
Not sure of your travel dates, but if your stationary is still correct, I notice that your a UA Platinum Member. UA will begin service EWR-EZE at the end of October and I have no issues with their E+ Seating..

http://newsroom.united.com/2017-05-0...ark-and-Bogota

Hope this helps and Safe Travels..
Old Jul 5, 17, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Unfortunately I am flying in september. I need to update my info because I no longer have UA status. It looks like Delta / Aerolineas doesnt have economy plus while AA does. I think im gonna book AA economy plus and see about using miles to upgrade.

Any input on those 2 flights is much appreciated.
Old Jul 9, 17, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Delta and Aerolineas are very different airlines. I would fly DL (through ATL to EZE) but not AR (presumably nonstop from JFK, probably using T1 there).

For much of the year, DL uses a 767 which is widely considered to be one of the best options for coach because of the 2-3-2 configuration: there are very few middle seats and every seat has AVOD. You should check if it matters, but there might be wifi too.

DL has extra legroom special C+ seats that include free drinks and dedicated overhead bins, but there might be free drinks throughout coach on DL. DL has been transitioning from charging fees to reserve these seats to treating it as a separate cabin with corresponding special fare codes (as they move to introduce true premium economy on the new A350s). If this interests you, check the details before booking.

I would advise you to avoid AR.

AA could have the advantage or disadvantage of giving you a longer or shorter long haul segment on this routing depending on whether you connect at MIA or not.
Old Jul 11, 17, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I vastly prefer direct and AA is the alternative to Aerolieas. Can you speak to AA?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Delta and Aerolineas are very different airlines. I would fly DL (through ATL to EZE) but not AR (presumably nonstop from JFK, probably using T1 there).

For much of the year, DL uses a 767 which is widely considered to be one of the best options for coach because of the 2-3-2 configuration: there are very few middle seats and every seat has AVOD. You should check if it matters, but there might be wifi too.

DL has extra legroom special C+ seats that include free drinks and dedicated overhead bins, but there might be free drinks throughout coach on DL. DL has been transitioning from charging fees to reserve these seats to treating it as a separate cabin with corresponding special fare codes (as they move to introduce true premium economy on the new A350s). If this interests you, check the details before booking.

I would advise you to avoid AR.

AA could have the advantage or disadvantage of giving you a longer or shorter long haul segment on this routing depending on whether you connect at MIA or not.
Old Jul 11, 17, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The new AA J seats are excellent. I believe the JFK route uses this exclusively. I liked them better than my one and only Delta One int'l flight (but that was on a 767), although the DL seat was fine. I'd take the nonstop (AA) over an ATL connection any day, if that would be the only factor.
Old Jul 11, 17, 9:11 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
The new AA J seats are excellent. I believe the JFK route uses this exclusively.
The last AA 777 with the old slope seats is either on its way to HKG for conversion in the next few weeks or already there, but it's definitely no longer on the EZE routes.
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:42 pm

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 18 at 3:09 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I flew AA in F recently and the MIA-EZE flight was great while the EZE-MIA was the worst inflight service I had in F ever with the worst meal I have ever experienced in 50 years (no kidding). Complete catering fail. Should have done the Business class for the seat and slept instead of planning my trip on decent food and wine. Would make this a vote for Delta in this situation.

V/r,

-Cyborg
Not worth the ATL connection. The OP is on AR (DL ticket) and I'm sure if you were on longhaul AR, you'd have wished to be on that AA F "worst" flight.
Old Jul 13, 17, 4:08 pm

deleted

Old Jul 13, 17, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And you Sir did not suffer brain damage from the most awful food ever served in the air.

-Cyborg
But yes I did. On Aeromexico. Two weeks ago.
Old Jul 13, 17, 5:00 pm

deleted

Old Jul 13, 17, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a contest I was particularly looking to win, but there was almost no way I could lose.

Search this Thread