Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Puerto Iguazu Airport now Closed, March15-Apr15, 2018

Old Jun 30, 17, 5:14 am
Original Poster

They have announced that the date of construction and closure will be moved to March 15 to April 15, 2018, and that the planes will be diverted to and from the airport at Foz de Iguazu, Brazil.

http://misionesonline.net/2017/06/06...-derivado-foz/
https://translate.google.com.ar/tran...ml&prev=search
Old Jun 30, 17, 12:32 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , AV
I hear that works starts mid March but the airport will not close until 15th April. the link you posted tend to confirm that.
Old Jun 30, 17, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by malagajohn View Post
I hear that works starts mid March but the airport will not close until 15th April. the link you posted tend to confirm that.
I also think the title should be cleaned up because one sees "now closed" (inferring it is closed).
Old Jun 30, 17, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

My mistake, construction commences March 15, but the airport is not closed until April 15. They do not say how long it will be closed, they probably do not know.

"now" means a correction to the earlier thread that said it would be closed in August.
Old Jan 26, 18, 6:23 am

What will happen during the actual closure remains unclear but Foz de Iguacu in Brazil as an alternative airport remains the best bet

The dates seem to be more or less confirmed . 15th April for one month.

Salta will also close for three weeks after Easter but no exact dates as yet.

Here is the latest post from Sir Chandler ,, one of the most knowledgeable bloggers on Argentine aviation,

SerÝa algo complejo la operatoria por el cierre del aeropuerto de Iguaz˙
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
It seems Foz do Iguaš˙ (IGU) is the airport they have picked. The other option was Ciudad del Este. Good news as IGU is much closer to Puerto Iguaz˙ than the airport in Paraguay.

One important issue with Foz do Iguaš˙ is that flights AEP-IGU will not be treated as domestic but rather as international flights. Foreigners (US citizens?) who plan to travel during the closure and need a visa for Brazil should start applying ASAP
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The headline really spooked me, because, I just booked my EZE/IGR/EZE flights for March 27/Mar 28.
Old Jan 26, 18, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
It seems Foz do Iguaš˙ (IGU) is the airport they have picked. The other option was Ciudad del Este. Good news as IGU is much closer to Puerto Iguaz˙ than the airport in Paraguay.

One important issue with Foz do Iguaš˙ is that flights AEP-IGU will not be treated as domestic but rather as international flights. Foreigners (US citizens?) who plan to travel during the closure and need a visa for Brazil should start applying ASAP

Apparently ( according to a NY friend ) Brazil has just announced a new online visa for US citizens - its only 30 or 40 dollars which is a good deal compared to the previous one. Not at home so I cant check properly....
Old Jan 28, 18, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn View Post
Apparently ( according to a NY friend ) Brazil has just announced a new online visa for US citizens - its only 30 or 40 dollars which is a good deal compared to the previous one. Not at home so I cant check properly....
Yes, exactly! Here's the link for the application:

Brazil Visa Information In eVisa - Home Page

Search this Thread