FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   EZE-AEP with three hours between flights?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1850696-eze-aep-three-hours-between-flights.html)

Leaping_Deere Jun 29, 2017 6:22 am

EZE-AEP with three hours between flights??

Hello,

What's the usual transit time from EZE to AEP? And the fastest way? pay the taxi extra!

I will be HBO and it will be a Saturday morning landing so traffic might be better, but the flights Im looking at I land at EZE and have there hours before the flight takes off at AEP.

I have been to both airports before but not at the same time.

Is it doable?

HIDDY Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am

Fastest I've stepped off a plane at EZE to exiting the terminal has been less than half an hour but we always order our taxi pick up one hour after the scheduled arrival time especially during peak times. Much depends on how many other arrivals there are as to how long it will take you to get through immigration and customs.

Traffic will be heading into the city at that time of day which might lead to delays but all going well the road journey should take around 45 minutes. I personally would feel more comfortable with a four hour minimum connection time.

Eastbay1K Jun 29, 2017 9:13 am

Do you have checked luggage? Is your AEP departure domestic or international?

Leaping_Deere Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 28500093)
Do you have checked luggage? Is your AEP departure domestic or international?

No checked bags, Hand Baggage only.

It's an international departure.

I have a couple of friends who live in BA and one of them is going to arrange for a driver to be there and then get me over speedily rather than relying on metered taxi doing the usual tricks.

I would prefer 4 hours, but I don't have much choice on the flight options.

malagajohn Jun 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Saturday morning is not too bad , no office workers and only light commercial traffic going into the city

AEP should be fin as well . Security is fairly smooth there and you should be through security and passport check in 10/15 mins

Eastbay1K Jun 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn (Post 28501300)
Saturday morning is not too bad , no office workers and only light commercial traffic going into the city

AEP should be fin as well . Security is fairly smooth there and you should be through security and passport check in 10/15 mins

Yes, but make sure you print your BP if you can before you start your journey, and if you can't, use a kiosk @ AEP. The check-in counters can be less-than-efficient. Further, if they spot a carry-on bag they don't like, it will go in the sizer / on the scale (some have the scales built in) and you won't discuss your way out of that one.

Leaping_Deere Jun 30, 2017 3:03 am

Thanks for all the advice everyone. What is Aerolineas Argentinas hand baggage policy in club economy? i.e can I get away with two bags in the plane or are they militant? One of my bags can go underneath the seat.

malagajohn Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am

Do on line check in and you should be ok....I think you can do it 36 hrs before the flight.

EmpressRouge Jul 10, 2018 10:23 pm

4.5 hours enough time?

My husband and I are going on an Antarctica cruise in November, departing from Ushuaia. I've already booked our r/t SFO-EZE (via EWR) flights on UA business class (we currently have lowly silver status) and need to book our domestic r/t Buenos Aires to Ushuaia flight this week. The UA flight lands at EZE at 10:50 am on Friday; my cruise sets sail from Ushuaia Sunday afternoon. I'm 90% sure we're gonna have checked luggage. Unfortunately, the lone EZE-USH flight on Friday departs before my UA flight lands, so that's not an option. Which option would you recommend I do?
  1. Try to catch the last (Aerolineas Argenintas) AEP-USH flight of day which departs at 3:35 pm on Friday. Is 4.5 hours enough time to get from EZE to AEP (w/ all the immigration, customs, luggage stuff) during that time of day?
  2. Get some rest/overnight in BA and fly to USH Saturday morning.
We bought travel insurance for this trip (mandated by the cruise).

lhrsfo Jul 11, 2018 1:28 am

IMHO, BA is one of the most exciting cities in the world. Spend Friday night there, and Saturday as well if you can.

criced Jul 11, 2018 1:47 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo (Post 29961179)
IMHO, BA is one of the most exciting cities in the world. Spend Friday night there, and Saturday as well if you can.

YES! I love BA and could spend weeks!!!

Just a warning if someone will do the opposite AEP-EZE right now for an international departure. I did this sunday 8 july evening. They seams to do some rebuilding at Ezezia and check in counters are in a temporary configuration. Imigration also. Que lines were long. I would say it take 2h from arival at the EZE-airport until you are at the gate. Add 40 min with Uber
from AEP. I was lucky flying bizz and had som fast track.

EmpressRouge Jul 11, 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo (Post 29961179)

I am going to spend 4 nights in BA after the cruise hence why I want to go down to Ushuaia ASAP.

Marambio Jul 11, 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by criced (Post 29961210)
YES! I love BA and could spend weeks!!!

Just a warning if someone will do the opposite AEP-EZE right now for an international departure. I did this sunday 8 july evening. They seams to do some rebuilding at Ezezia and check in counters are in a temporary configuration. Imigration also. Que lines were long. I would say it take 2h from arival at the EZE-airport until you are at the gate. Add 40 min with Uber
from AEP. I was lucky flying bizz and had som fast track.

There is indeed construction going on at EZE and the school winter holidays already started in some provinces (they start this Friday in BA), so expect more passengers at any airport in Argentina over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge (Post 29960828)
My husband and I are going on an Antarctica cruise in November, departing from Ushuaia. I've already booked our r/t SFO-EZE (via EWR) flights on UA business class (we currently have lowly silver status) and need to book our domestic r/t Buenos Aires to Ushuaia flight this week. The UA flight lands at EZE at 10:50 am on Friday; my cruise sets sail from Ushuaia Sunday afternoon. I'm 90% sure we're gonna have checked luggage. Unfortunately, the lone EZE-USH flight on Friday departs before my UA flight lands, so that's not an option. Which option would you recommend I do?
  1. Try to catch the last (Aerolineas Argenintas) AEP-USH flight of day which departs at 3:35 pm on Friday. Is 4.5 hours enough time to get from EZE to AEP (w/ all the immigration, customs, luggage stuff) during that time of day?
  2. Get some rest/overnight in BA and fly to USH Saturday morning.
We bought travel insurance for this trip (mandated by the cruise).

Option 2 seems better for me. Say you land at 10.50am, you leave the aircraft at 11am at best, then it's ca. 1 hour to clear all formalities and get a taxi, you'll be at AEP at approx. 1.30pm. Your transit is doable but a bit tight (and it relies on UA being on time and not missing your luggage!). If you have the time and money, I would spend Friday in Buenos Aires, go somewhere nice for dinner and relax until catching the Saturday morning flight.

Also, if you take the 3:35pm flight you will land at Ushuaia after sunset, so there's not much you would be able to do and see there anyway.

David Beach Aug 10, 2018 12:22 pm

3 hours between flights arriving at EZE internationally?....madness....anyone here who suggests less than 6 hours should be forced to pay the OP's costs for missing the flight.