FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   Why has this forum gone so quiet? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1838325-why-has-forum-gone-so-quiet.html)

HIDDY Apr 22, 2017 11:10 am

Why has this forum gone so quiet?

The Argentina forum used to attract much more traffic than it does nowadays...I wonder why this is?

Could it be, given the Flyertalk community do tend to like getting more bang for their buck, the country is no longer as attractive as it used to be? Tourist numbers last time I looked were pretty healthy looking.

Eastbay1K Apr 22, 2017 11:15 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 28215200)
Tourist numbers last time I looked were pretty healthy looking.

And they look healthier when they leave!

HIDDY Apr 22, 2017 11:39 am

Many even look much younger when they leave from when they arrived. :D

cyborg Apr 23, 2017 8:38 am

deleted

David Beach Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm

In fla tion

Flying Machine Apr 24, 2017 8:07 pm

I too have noticed the decline of posting traffic. I try to contribute as often as I can. However, the lively and free posting that occurs in other threads does not seem to be the norm here. Additionally, I haven't seen as much PM's being used in other threads as it occurs here. I don't know why that is.

As to the cost of eating, I have tried to point out "everyday" places that offer great value and "local" experiences.

Let's hope the posting momentum will increase.

747FC Apr 25, 2017 9:39 am

I'm very glad that there are so many people here who want to help. After I finish my East Coast trip and trip to the UK, I'll be more focused on my SA trip, and will start asking a bunch of questions. Many thanks!

David Beach Apr 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Mendoza has seen proportionally more visitors from elsewhere in Argentina , Chile and Brazil. Less people come now from outside the continent.

As to discussion, the amount of traffic seems speicifc to the issue of air travel. I think a lot of travel agents, at least the good ones, check here for what is really going to affect their clients travel. Whenever I post about travel problems, such as with strikes or airport closures for example, there are a lo of simple views without comments or follow-up questions. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of airline people check this forum for any inside stories they have missed.

Unlike tripadvisor or lonelyplanet, there seem to be more unresponded views here in proportion to posts. Although some posters like Gaucho are good at giving good tourist informaiton about what happens on the "ground", that tends to be the exception, and most of that seems to be related to food and drink, rather than adventure or other activity. I certainly tend to limit myself to the air travel aspect here.

RafKa Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by David Beach (Post 28219813)
In fla tion

I second this – coming from Brazil, Argentina used to be great value. Nowadays, restaurants cost the same, shopping is a no-go, and only wine is still cheaper (and that’s because wine in Brazil is outrageously expensive).

A good start would be lowering the ridiculously high airport taxes: at U$100, it usually makes up around 1/3 of the total airfare from Brazil.

Gaucho100K Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm

I wish to thank all those posting here on this thread for doing their part to keep this Forum active !!! ^ ^ ^

HIDDY Apr 25, 2017 6:29 pm

My lack of participation has been caused by the disappearance of my tea parcel from the UK as well as a bossy Argentine wife. :D

iceblueshoes Apr 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry, I ran out of travel questions... lol

I'll be sure to post again shortly. :p

malagajohn Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 28229716)
My lack of participation has been caused by the disappearance of my tea parcel from the UK as well as a bossy Argentine wife. :D

I have one of those as well .... and some tea bags brought by a business acquaintance last week

Gaucho100K Apr 27, 2017 9:37 am

I see that malagajohn and Hiddy share the same last words at their homes.

" Si Querida !! "

malagajohn Apr 27, 2017 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 28236626)
I see that malagajohn and Hiddy share the same last words at their homes.

" Si Querida !! "

If you think that is a bad thing , i will send the boss round to have a chat with you....:):):):)