Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Salta Airport Closed September 1 - 21, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Salta Airport Closed September 1 - 21, 2017

...for construction. Planes to be rerouted to Jujuy airport.

http://informatesalta.com.ar/noticia...-de-septiembre
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Whoa! So, during 2017 they are closing at one time or another Chapelco, Trelew, Posadas, Tucumán, Iguazú and Salta. Add to this that Mendoza was closed last year. The people at the ministry of transportation seem unstoppable!

I was at SLA in October last year and the airport could do with some renovations, so good news indeed.

JUJ (the airport) is less than 2 hours way from Salta. It will be interesting as JUJ is much smaller than SLA and also has much less traffic. Are they also re-routing the LATAM SLA-LIM and BoA SLA-VVI services? I don't even know whether JUJ has immigration and customs facilities.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:36 am
Original Poster

They do not. They will probably set up a temporary Immigration and Customs tent between the runway and the airport, like they did in San Juan during the Mendoza closure. Speaking of which, San Juan is scheduled to close for a while this year, but they have not annonced the dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.