Hotel in BRC

Old May 22, 16, 7:25 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Programs: Honors Gold; AA Ex Plat
Posts: 200
Hotel in BRC

Perhaps this is the wrong forum. I had planned am extensive honeymoon through Argentina and Chile that was predicated on spending four nights in Mendoza. After getting multiple flight changes from Aerolineas which effectively canceled our flight out of BRC I decided this wasn't going to be a honeymoon experience. I went ahead and cancelled all our hotel and flight booking except my hotel in BRC won't refund our 50% deposit. Sure I get it isn't their fault but ultimately it is a lot of money lost. I know Mendoza airport is closing and would rather not drive for hours back and forth plus have an overnight layover in BA to get there. Is there something I can do to get my deposit back or am I just simply out of luck?
BLazarus22 is offline  
Old May 22, 16, 9:10 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 37,690
If it's in the rate rules then I can't see what you can do about it.

What's stopping you from going to Bariloche from Buenos Aires?
HIDDY is offline  
Old May 22, 16, 12:31 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Programs: Honors Gold; AA Ex Plat
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
If it's in the rate rules then I can't see what you can do about it.

What's stopping you from going to Bariloche from Buenos Aires?
Nothing is stopping me from going back to BA but my flight was direct from BRC to MDZ and is now cancelled. They didn't provide a viable alternative. I don't want to waste my time on honeymoon going back to BA.
BLazarus22 is offline  
Old May 24, 16, 10:25 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: ATL, BNA
Programs: DL GM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,985
We had the opposite problem earlier this year... were in Bariloche on our Honeymoon and wanted to go to Mendoza. I booked accommodations in Mendoza on airbnb, but decided it was too much hassle to take three flights to get there, so we cancelled going to Mendoza all together.

That said, I would highly recommend Bariloche. It's worth the trouble of flying either via Córdoba or Aeroparque to get there.
EZEDoesIt is offline  
Old May 30, 16, 9:44 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 4,118
Originally Posted by BLazarus22 View Post
Nothing is stopping me from going back to BA but my flight was direct from BRC to MDZ and is now cancelled. They didn't provide a viable alternative. I don't want to waste my time on honeymoon going back to BA.
Did you happen to book your trip with a Travel Related Credit Card? If so, some offer protection for flight cancellations and in your case Hotel reservations that cannot be used due to the itineary change. Chase UA Explorer Card has language that I believe may work in your case. In any event, they or your card issuer may be able to contact the merchant for a suitable compromise.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.. Best of luck on your nupuitals as well. Safe travels..
Flying Machine is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread