Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in BRC

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Hotel in BRC

Perhaps this is the wrong forum. I had planned am extensive honeymoon through Argentina and Chile that was predicated on spending four nights in Mendoza. After getting multiple flight changes from Aerolineas which effectively canceled our flight out of BRC I decided this wasn't going to be a honeymoon experience. I went ahead and cancelled all our hotel and flight booking except my hotel in BRC won't refund our 50% deposit. Sure I get it isn't their fault but ultimately it is a lot of money lost. I know Mendoza airport is closing and would rather not drive for hours back and forth plus have an overnight layover in BA to get there. Is there something I can do to get my deposit back or am I just simply out of luck?
Old May 22, 2016, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it's in the rate rules then I can't see what you can do about it.

What's stopping you from going to Bariloche from Buenos Aires?
Old May 22, 2016, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If it's in the rate rules then I can't see what you can do about it.

What's stopping you from going to Bariloche from Buenos Aires?
Nothing is stopping me from going back to BA but my flight was direct from BRC to MDZ and is now cancelled. They didn't provide a viable alternative. I don't want to waste my time on honeymoon going back to BA.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
We had the opposite problem earlier this year... were in Bariloche on our Honeymoon and wanted to go to Mendoza. I booked accommodations in Mendoza on airbnb, but decided it was too much hassle to take three flights to get there, so we cancelled going to Mendoza all together.

That said, I would highly recommend Bariloche. It's worth the trouble of flying either via Córdoba or Aeroparque to get there.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Nothing is stopping me from going back to BA but my flight was direct from BRC to MDZ and is now cancelled. They didn't provide a viable alternative. I don't want to waste my time on honeymoon going back to BA.
Did you happen to book your trip with a Travel Related Credit Card? If so, some offer protection for flight cancellations and in your case Hotel reservations that cannot be used due to the itineary change. Chase UA Explorer Card has language that I believe may work in your case. In any event, they or your card issuer may be able to contact the merchant for a suitable compromise.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.. Best of luck on your nupuitals as well. Safe travels..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.