Shipping to Argentina from U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping to Argentina from U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:54 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm off to buy some cheap pipe tobacco.......

Originally Posted by HIDDY
An article in La Nacion mentioned that impounded items not collected were to be auctioned off. As neither my wife nor I have been contacted to collect our parcels we have to assume they'll be amongst them.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I'm off to buy some cheap pipe tobacco.......

I'm still trying to get my head around the new rules.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:05 am

Has there been any change in the last few days?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Has there been any change in the last few days?
People are still having to go and queue to collect parcels. Everyone I know who is buying from abroad are waiting until September 1st before putting in an order so it'll be a few weeks before we get any feedback on peoples experience with the new system.
I'd be interested to know about the no more than 3 of the same in one package rule. Will they treat 4 mobile phones the same as 4 packets of tea bags?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:44 am

Could just be scaremongering but it's being said this new system is running into logjam problems already and it's just started. Another reported problem is that unless one is registered to a certain level with AFIP you cannot receive the door to door service.
Looks like yet another well thought out plan on how to piss off the majority of law abiding citizens.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:07 am

The situation just gets worse.

While I was at the Correo yesterday inquiring as to the the cost of sending my passport back to the UK for renewal (1,000 pesos by the way ) I asked if there was still any chance of ever seeing the tea order I placed with a UK company 8 months ago. The chap told me customs in BA are still sorting through packages that arrived 12 months ago!! Total farce.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Do you have a tracking number for the Tea you ordered....? BTW, did you check to see if Argentina allows tea to be delivered through the postal system...? I dont know the answer to this but thats pretty standard part of the homework.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Do you have a tracking number for the Tea you ordered....? BTW, did you check to see if Argentina allows tea to be delivered through the postal system...? I dont know the answer to this but thats pretty standard part of the homework.
No tracking number Alex as the order was too small to qualify for it....around £6 plus a couple of quid postage. Never saw anything to suggest that bringing tea into the country using the postal system is a no no. I would be amazed if it were considering tea is amongst the most popular items UK ex pats here request from abroad.....at least it used to be.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:31 pm

I suggest that you try to order a quantity of Tea that qualifies for tracking..... that way you have more tools & recourse if the package gets lost.

Sorry to read you are having so much trouble.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:03 am

I suggest that you try to order a quantity of Tea that qualifies for tracking..... that way you have more tools & recourse if the package gets lost.

Sorry to read you are having so much trouble.
I was at the post office yesterday to send my passport back to the UK and had a chat with a different member of staff. As you say it seems anything larger than letter size without a tracking number is never going to get to its destination. It more or less gets tossed to one side and ignored until they auction the pile off. The idea being it's not worth wasting time and manpower on items if they can't charge duty on them. As there's no record of it ever having arrived into Argentina they can just tell you to get lost as you can't prove they have it.

I got my money back from the company I ordered it through. Not that I was bothered about the money it was the tea I was after.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:36 am

BREAKING NEWS!!

My tiny tea order has turned up 10 months after being shipped from the UK. I received a letter this morning from Correo asking me to travel the 100 miles to Campana to collect it but not before I hand over the sum of 120 pesos first.

You couldn't make it up.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Hiddy... dont be cheap !!!!

Isnt your "precious" Brit Tea worth a 1/2 tank of Gasoline and a measly 120 Pesos..??!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:24 am

Yes but I don't have the desire to spend 10 hours of my time travelling and queuing just to collect a few quids worth of tea. Especially tea which has been stored God knows where for 10 months and opened and manhandled by goodness knows who.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:35 pm

Valid points.....

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes but I don't have the desire to spend 10 hours of my time travelling and queuing just to collect a few quids worth of tea. Especially tea which has been stored God knows where for 10 months and opened and manhandled by goodness knows who.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.