FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   Hotel Intercontinental in Dtwn Buenos Aires? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1733531-hotel-intercontinental-dtwn-buenos-aires.html)

RDUMusiclistings Dec 22, 2015 10:43 am

Hotel Intercontinental in Dtwn Buenos Aires?

Anyone know if it is in a good location and a good hotel?

HIDDY Dec 25, 2015 7:45 am

Not stayed in it myself but those I know who have said it was decent enough. As for location...as good a place as any.

Gaucho100K Dec 25, 2015 2:51 pm

No. Sorry to digress with Hiddy, but this location is not stellar, cannot compare it to the other International Five Star hotels, except perhaps the Sheraton Libertador. Havent stayed at the property so cant comment on the rooms or the service, but I have been at the Bar a few times and thought is was nothing special.

I would only stay at the IC if I got very special perks because of loyalty program status, else the rate would have to be far better than the Hilton or one of the SPG programs.

HIDDY Dec 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Yeah I know what you mean....it's too many blocks on the wrong side of Corrierntes for my liking but a lot depends on what the OP has planned. If it's just sightseeing during the day then it's fine.

christravelblog Jan 21, 2016 6:34 am

Hi,
it's an awesome hotel actually. location is good. but depends what you want. it's just a few minutes taxi anywhere. or walk. it doesn't go through any places that are not safe orso. i stay there every year a few nights.

see my trip report

loyalty helps of course in an IC.....

Marambio Jan 21, 2016 9:00 am

I walked past the IC the other day and thought what an odd place for a 5 star hotel that is. I mean, if you come strictly for work it probably will fit you, as it is really central. However if you fancy something a bit different (going for dinner, for instance) you necessarily need to take a taxi, which isn't the case in any of the other 5 stars except for the two Sheratons.

Safety wise the area is OK, it might look a bit gloomy after 6 or 7pm, as is the case in any other CBD in any big capital of the world.

kinofdc Mar 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Since when IC is considered a real 5 star?

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 25915936)
location is not stellar, cannot compare it to the other International Five Star hotels, except perhaps the Sheraton Libertador.

Nowhere on this earth is an IC ever considered a true 5 star hotel, nor is any Sheraton.

There are only 3 true 5 star hotels in all of BA: Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt, Four Seasons and the Alvear Palace, and they are all located in Recoleta within blocks of each other.

lhgreengrd1 Mar 17, 2016 3:08 am

Originally Posted by kinofdc (Post 26344404)
Nowhere on this earth is an IC ever considered a true 5 star hotel, nor is any Sheraton.

There are only 3 true 5 star hotels in all of BA: Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt, Four Seasons and the Alvear Palace, and they are all located in Recoleta within blocks of each other.

Not to quibble, but IMHO, the Sheraton Grande in Bangkok is a true 5* hotel. Although it would seem to be in the process of being re-branded as part of the Luxury Collection.

Gaucho100K Mar 18, 2016 8:49 am

Valid point, I was using the 5 Star concept rather lightly.....