Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easy taxi app question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Easy taxi app question

In Buenos Aires, having problem installing the easy taxi app on my android phone with a US phone number. The account creation needs to send a code via SMS for confirmation. I tried entering my 10 digit phone number, with and without the country code 1. They would try to send text to either 54xxxxxxxxxx, or to 541xxxxxxxxxx (with US country code added). But neither would work.

Any suggestion?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Probably a blessing you can't get it to work to be honest.

Why do you need it anyway?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I suggest that you don't try and do it. You'll be charged the official rate on your CC and you might be likely to find whatever provider will have its vehicles with CCs "momentarily suspended" or other hassles.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Probably a blessing you can't get it to work to be honest.

Why do you need it anyway?
My traveling companion had this app, and it was very helpful in getting a taxi. The drivers' names and experience are registered and shown on the app, giving us some sense of security. He had since left, that's why I try to install one.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I suggest that you don't try and do it. You'll be charged the official rate on your CC and you might be likely to find whatever provider will have its vehicles with CCs "momentarily suspended" or other hassles.
What made you think CC is involved? We always paid in cash as shown on the meters, without any add on.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by getmethere
What made you think CC is involved? We always paid in cash as shown on the meters, without any add on.
Ah - never occurred to me that there would be an app that just hailed the taxi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.