Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

AEP early morning flight: when do I need to arrive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm flying Aerolineas on an early morning (before 7 am) domestic flight. I assume they will issue me an online boarding pass? I don't think I need to check any bags: i assume "normal" int'l carry-on bag rules apply? I also remember than Argentina doesn't have a "liquids rule" for domestic flights: like I could throw a bottle of wine into my carry-on?

So without checked bags, how long before my flight should I plan to arrive? I obviously don't want to stress about missing my flight, but I also don't want to needlessly hang around the terminal at 5 am. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
I would try to get there two hours before your flight (I always prefer to err on the side of caution), but you could probably do 90 minutes before and be good. I wouldn't cut it much below that.
fedechat likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Been a long time since I flew out of AEP but had a similar situation except with checked bags. Despite seeming crowded and chaotic, AR check-in with baggage was very fast (probably in the seconds). Security line also seemed long but moved fast enough so we couldn't even finish the coffee we had bought and were holding. We were instructed to either carry it on or put in on a tray through the X-ray machine. All very fast and efficient. Had plenty of time to sit in the departure area.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I would try to get there two hours before your flight (I always prefer to err on the side of caution), but you could probably do 90 minutes before and be good. I wouldn't cut it much below that.
Thanks. Anything odd I need to know about flying Aerolineas out of AEP? Do they offer online check-in? If I'm not checking bags, can I just go through security with an online boarding pass and then to the gate? Anything unusual like having to stop at a counter to weigh bags or something?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:01 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. Anything odd I need to know about flying Aerolineas out of AEP? Do they offer online check-in? If I'm not checking bags, can I just go through security with an online boarding pass and then to the gate? Anything unusual like having to stop at a counter to weigh bags or something?
It's been a while since I've been to Argentina and flown them. But I don't recall them ever emailing me a reminder to check in online - in any event, I always do it at the kiosk because I feel better with a hard copy in case something goes wrong.

I wouldn't expect anything untoward to happen, but it's Argentina, so anything is theoretically possible.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by iahphx
Where did you buy the ticket? OTA or directly with AR? in both cases, you will get an email 24hs before "Te esperamos a bordo" and it will include a link for the OLCI. You can also download the App and have your BP there, I always carry a hard copy. Check you reservation now and make sure you like your current seat selections, at the airport you can always ask for Exit seats . Keep in mind most 21" 4 wheels carry on are usually higher than 21", they may ask you to check it at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.