Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE>MDZ>FTE Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Question EZE>MDZ>FTE Help

I am trying to do a multiple city flight in January between the 13-25 from Buenos Aires to Mendoza and then to El Calafate and back. Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this? I am flexible on dates and cities, it just has to be between January 13-25 as my arrival and return flights to Miami are the day before and the following day.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on a different itinerary please let me know. The bases of my trip is wine, glaciers, and tango. Perhaps if there is a better, off-the-beaten-path to go by I would gladly look into it. I.e Salta for wine instead of Mendoza or Ushuaia for glacier sighting...

I don't mind taking an overnight bus to a close by city to check off my to-do list if that means a round trip flight instead of a multiple city flight. I am open to any suggestion on making this trip the most economical, but also the most eventful.

Thanks
Christine

P.S. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Argentina forum.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Not here - this forum is for posting mileage run deals. Cross posting isn't allowed, so suggest you ask mods to move your post.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Agree with previous poster. If you put this in the Argentina travel forum you may possibly get some suggestions involving booking/payment and luggage tips if seeking to save money. Still, I'd like to see the Argentinian government get more money and have things work not in the most terrible ways.

Last edited by abitlost; Nov 8, 2014 at 11:43 am
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The Argentina forum seems to be a much more suitable venue for this inquiry, so let me move this thread there.

jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:04 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
hi, Salta area is beautiful but if your theme is Wine dont go to Salta u must Mendoza. same for Ushuaia you can add to your trip but never replace by Calafate which is unique .

distances are long, I wouldnt go by Bus . check for Air fares or pasess with Aerolineas Argentinas or LAN
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Do you have miles with AA? You can get award tickets with a Oneworld partner (like LAN) for flights wholly within Argentina for 6k miles. It's really a great deal if there's availability for where you want to go...

Also, search for flights out of AEP for the internal flights.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending on how you're getting to Argentina (airline?), you might be eligible for some sort of domestic flights tourist pass deal, with something like four domestic flights for a reasonable price on the same airline/alliance as your long haul flights. Check the rules if this could apply to you.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I think you're going to end up with AEP - MDZ - AEP - FTE - AEP either on AR or 4M.

When I went to Argentina in March, I had AEP - FTE - AEP - IGR - AEP. I spent 5 days in BA between the FTE and IGR trips. I also spent my first and last nights in BA in order to allow for some time between trips and to exchange money on the first night on the black market.

I can't say much about Mendoza since I've never been there, but I was glad I flew down to FTE and then went up to El Chalten. Totally worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.