Reload this Page >

Day trip: Iguazu Falls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day trip: Iguazu Falls

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by malagajohn
My delays have been around 4 hours . But recent strikes have led to flights being cancelled and rescheduled to the next day
Thanks @malagajohn ! I wasn't aware about the strikes in Argentina. But now i googled it, it seems like a potential huge problem. Are those strikes announced or very last-minute?
Since we will be flying in and out in 2 days/1night, we might choose not to take the inbound if there is a strike being announced. But if it happens all of a sudden, then we are stuck.. Don't think travel insurance would cover something like that......
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Thanks @malagajohn ! I wasn't aware about the strikes in Argentina. But now i googled it, it seems like a potential huge problem. Are those strikes announced or very last-minute?
Since we will be flying in and out in 2 days/1night, we might choose not to take the inbound if there is a strike being announced. But if it happens all of a sudden, then we are stuck.. Don't think travel insurance would cover something like that......
Maybe two or three days notice at most . Check your insurance as soemtimes these events are covered,
Justin Case likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have a few questions for the experts here.
I plan to fly to EZE from Canada arrival 09 Mar depart 16 Mar. I believe Canadians do not need a visa to either Argentina or Brazil. If I fly to Iguazu falls on the Argentina side, will I have any issue crossing to the Brazilian side and back ?
Are the trails too hectic for a 9 year old ?
Does anyone have up to date suggestions/recommendations on airlines and hotels to fly to Iguazu from Buenos AIres and hotel in Iguazu on the Argentine side. There are five of us. Also any particular day to fly in and out when there is less of a crowd.
Also any recommendations for tour guides, I do not mind paying for a private guide to do both sides of the falls. We plan to stay one night in Iguazu and we are looking for convenience.
We are mid - priced travelers so not looking for backpack stuff please.
Thanks so much in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
So I did an overnight trip from Buenos Aires to Iguazu in October. I flew in late one afternoon and then out the following evening. In that case, it really wasn't rushed. It's something worth considering. We stayed in town at some cheap flophouse and booked two nights so we can leave our stuff there for the day, shower and then fly back to Buenos Aires (Iguazu does have lockers big enough for standard luggage as well). I wouldn't recommend flying in at 8am and out at 10pm... that's going to be a super long day, but spending one night in town. Puerto Iguazu is only 20 or so min from the falls and the airport and it wouldn't have taken long except our van driver backed into a car. There's also a public bus which runs from the city to the falls visitor center. Costs like $3-4 each way.

One thing I would warn you about... weather. It was raining when we landed and woke up to a violent thunderstorm. It cleared up later that day, but it was pouring most of the day. That area is wildly hot and humid on a good day but this was particularly bad. Also, the boat trips weren't running as the river was running much higher than normal due to the rain.

Can't predict the weather but if one doesn't have a lot of time, bring gear to compensate for it.

Also, there's a priority pass lounge. I found that once you show the PP card, they'll expedite you through security and to the lounge. Was surprised how they did that.
RafKa and Justin Case like this.

Last edited by civicmon; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.