Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buquebus Francisco in Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Buquebus Francisco in Business Class?

Anyone with experience with the new Buquebus Francisco between Montevideo and Buenos Aires? I'm not too crazy about 972 persons and kids running around for 2 hours, so i'm considering Business Class.

The price for "tourist" is $71, business is $180, first is $235. Is it worth the $180? I can't find many pictures & videos of this.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:24 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
When do you plan to travel...? I ask this because unless you are doing this during a long weekend or the Summer Vacation, the Zoo situation you describe will not be happening.......

Originally Posted by mattr12
Anyone with experience with the new Buquebus Francisco between Montevideo and Buenos Aires? I'm not too crazy about 972 persons and kids running around for 2 hours, so i'm considering Business Class.

The price for "tourist" is $71, business is $180, first is $235. Is it worth the $180? I can't find many pictures & videos of this.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
When do you plan to travel...? I ask this because unless you are doing this during a long weekend or the Summer Vacation, the Zoo situation you describe will not be happening.......
November 20 2014 on the 12:30pm one. Yeah on the videos I saw on youtube it looked like a zoo
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:09 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I would not worry about Zoo like conditions on November 20th.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I took it once (though I don't remember that big of a price difference)... the J seats are exactly like AA's old brown F seats on 757s, arranged like 20 across

I thought it was worth the small increase... not sure about more than double.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
For 2 hours, it probably isn't worth the extra $ for the seating. (My only experience is on the 3 hour boat prior to this faster boat's arrival.) You can always walk around, and spend at least 3 minutes in the Duty Free shop.

That said, you will have to arrive much earlier for the "Main cabin" for check-in and formalities if you want to have any chance at a seat that isn't the leftovers. Having a small lounge on the BUE end (I think there might be one in MVD now) and easy embarque, and short/no check-in lines, and no lines/zoo for seating is worth something. I did get to experience all that "main cabin" fun going to Colonia. The "hassle" is all on land.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
For 2 hours, it probably isn't worth the extra $ for the seating. (My only experience is on the 3 hour boat prior to this faster boat's arrival.) You can always walk around, and spend at least 3 minutes in the Duty Free shop.

That said, you will have to arrive much earlier for the "Main cabin" for check-in and formalities if you want to have any chance at a seat that isn't the leftovers. Having a small lounge on the BUE end (I think there might be one in MVD now) and easy embarque, and short/no check-in lines, and no lines/zoo for seating is worth something. I did get to experience all that "main cabin" fun going to Colonia. The "hassle" is all on land.
Funny how you say it's not worth it, but it sounds like it's really worth it

I'm a little bit worried about the Buquebus website is it okay to book from that website? Most of the info is from 2012 and there are things that make no sense, like paying for a fare that allows you to stop between MVD and BUE but unless you want to have a convo with fish I don't see why you'd stop in the middle (progamada fare vs normal fare).

I couldn't find any way to use miles/points to book on Buquebus, either.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

I'm a little bit worried about the Buquebus website is it okay to book from that website? Most of the info is from 2012 and there are things that make no sense, like paying for a fare that allows you to stop between MVD and BUE but unless you want to have a convo with fish I don't see why you'd stop in the middle (progamada fare vs normal fare).

You'd most likely stop in Colonia and take a bus the rest of the way.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...-especial.html for some old info on the classes.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others

I used it Buenos Aires-Colonia and paid the difference. As others have said the big difference is in embarkation. There are tiny queues for checkin, although quite a few people in steerage try to crowd into the premium queues. Both sides, the ease made the extra worth it for me. On board there is much more room also, but that is less important IME. I also bought on their website with no problems at all.

I did not use it for Montevideo so have no opinion on that side.

By the way, I traveled at peak time, just before Christmas. You'll be traveling at probably less crowded times so the check in process will probably be easier for you. frankly, the long time is really spent with Argentina exit/entry processing, where the wait was interminable when we went.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I did that route on December 28 2014, the economy wasn't full and it didn't feel like a zoo at all. There is not much difference between the 3 classes but Business and First areas were almost empty. Just do the line when the Buquebus arrive to MVD, and you will have petty time to select the 2 seats on the sides (windows seats?), the configuration is like 2-3-3-3-3-2 or something like that, the seats are comfortable and the pitch is around 40~45 (if not more). I will upload some pictures at a later time.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fedechat
I did that route on December 28 2014, the economy wasn't full and it didn't feel like a zoo at all. There is not much difference between the 3 classes but Business and First areas were almost empty. Just do the line when the Buquebus arrive to MVD, and you will have petty time to select the 2 seats on the sides (windows seats?), the configuration is like 2-3-3-3-3-2 or something like that, the seats are comfortable and the pitch is around 40~45 (if not more). I will upload some pictures at a later time.
Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:14 pm

Francisco

Economy (pitch=40?)

You can grab those seats too (if you are lucky), nice view but they will not recline

Business/First

Economy 2nd floor

MVD-BUE took just 2:12 hours, the cruising speed was 60~62 mph (from my GPS) ^
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Great pictures!!!! That confirms what I saw on youtube, and in the business class on the right of the picture there are round tables with different chairs I believe, like the ones seen in the 4th picture.

I cannot make up my mind! Rhaaaa!!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:39 pm

Yes, on Business you will find those round tables with green chair, they are next to the Bar. There is also a restaurant (First Class) with the same chair (in red) and a bigger round table (forward).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.