Wiki Posts
Search

Reciprocity fee for Canadians - Re entry question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Question Reciprocity fee for Canadians - Re entry question

the regulations for Canadians state http://ctoro.mrecic.gob.ar/en/node/2609

The payment of the reciprocity fee by the Canadian nationals for a single entry to Argentina of 75 U.S. dollars will allowed them to visit any of our neighboring countries (Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay) and re-entry to Argentina, without having to pay the reciprocity fee again, during the period of authorized stay in Argentina of 90 days.
I have seen trip reports saying this is okay overland (Iguazu for example), but I wonder does this apply to onward and air travel?

For example, will flying from BA to Peru via Brazil (as a connection, does not exit airport) round trip allow me to avoid the charge the second time when I get back to Argentina? Does it change matters if I exit airport in Brazil? (ie. have exit stamp from Brazil?)

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As Peru isn't a neighbouring country it looks as if you're out of luck.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:50 pm

From the second paragraph, it looks like it would probably be better to pay the $150 fee and have five years worth of entries, than to end up paying $75 twice in a short period of time.

Being paid-up for the next five years will make it all the more enticing to come back after what is hopefully an enjoyable first visit!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I flew from AEP to MVD (about as short a flight as one could take!) then back to EZE a couple of days later. No troubles.

But as others point out, it's just as easy to pay the $150 and then you'll have 5 years of multiple entry.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I would not do this.
To enter Brazil you must possess a Brazilian visa as a Canadian passport holder. Should you transit Brazil as a Canadian citizen, you MUST remain airside (leading to more questions when you arrive back in Argentina, and if you don't use another passport to enter Peru, the Peruvian stamp is quite obvious.)
Yes, there is entrance AND departure formalities in Brazil.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Schultzois
From the second paragraph, it looks like it would probably be better to pay the $150 fee and have five years worth of entries, than to end up paying $75 twice in a short period of time.

Being paid-up for the next five years will make it all the more enticing to come back after what is hopefully an enjoyable first visit!
Not to mention multiple receipts to carry around vs just one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.