Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

US Citizens visiting Argentina must pay Entry Fee prior to arrival (eff. 28 Dec 2012)

US Citizens visiting Argentina must pay Entry Fee prior to arrival (eff. 28 Dec 2012)

Old Dec 24, 12, 3:32 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM

Argentina Entry Fees For Business And Leisure Travel
Effective December 28, 2012, Argentina authorities will require all arriving U.S., Canadian and Australian citizens to have pre-paid their Argentina Entry Fee prior to arrival in Buenos Aires. Please visit the Argentina Entry Payment Site to pre-pay the fee.

Please print your receipt as proof of payment since it will be required for entry in to Argentina. American may deny boarding to customers without the receipt as the Government of Argentina has advised air carriers that passengers arriving without the payment receipt may be denied entry and ordered removed from the country.
Old Dec 24, 12, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
Argentina Entry Fees For Business And Leisure Travel
Effective December 28, 2012, Argentina authorities will require all arriving U.S., Canadian and Australian citizens to have pre-paid their Argentina Entry Fee prior to arrival in Buenos Aires. Please visit the Argentina Entry Payment Site to pre-pay the fee.

Please print your receipt as proof of payment since it will be required for entry in to Argentina. American may deny boarding to customers without the receipt as the Government of Argentina has advised air carriers that passengers arriving without the payment receipt may be denied entry and ordered removed from the country.
Glad I visited and paid my admission fee to Argentina earlier this year. Now I should be good for the life of my passport! all of the "ahead of time" schemes make life a lot harder
Old Dec 24, 12, 4:54 pm

Stupid govment, we need the tourism down here!
Old Dec 24, 12, 5:47 pm

Programs: LT : AA 1.4MM, UA 0.4MM. Curr : AA EXP, UA gen
Link

Reciprocity...

Link detailing some aspects of the process, and how to apply on-line,

http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...news.htm#entry
Old Dec 24, 12, 6:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Effective December 28, 2012, Argentina authorities will require all arriving U.S., Canadian and Australian citizens to have pre-paid their Argentina Entry Fee prior to arrival in Buenos Aires.
Effective Jan. 7, the reciprocity fee will apply at all ports of entry, not just the two BA airports (EZE and AEP), and must be paid in advance. No sneaking in by land or by air at Mendoza to avoid the fee.
Old Dec 24, 12, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by EZETravel View Post
+1. Indeed the government is taking many many steps which can not be benefitting the country much...but who am I to opine, just a lowly frequent flier
Old Dec 24, 12, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
Effective Jan. 7, the reciprocity fee will apply at all ports of entry, not just the two BA airports (EZE and AEP), and must be paid in advance. No sneaking in by land or by air at Mendoza to avoid the fee.
That must be the reason! just cracking down on the "illegal" border crossers.
Old Dec 24, 12, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA 1.75MM EXP EMD, UA 1.31MM 1K *G, DL SM, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott LT PLT(PP)/ICH AMB PLT/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iridge View Post
That must be the reason! just cracking down on the "illegal" border crossers.
And most of the time I saw the US-CA-AU passengers just followed the typical European lines. This just eliminated the mess in the line. Good move by the government.
Old Dec 24, 12, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by iridge View Post
Glad I visited and paid my admission fee to Argentina earlier this year. Now I should be good for the life of my passport! all of the "ahead of time" schemes make life a lot harder
I have the opposite view. I'd rather get it out of the way before i ever leave. One extra step when i arrive after a long flight is pretty much the last thing i want to deal with.
Old Dec 24, 12, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, BAEC Bronze, IHG Ambassador Spire, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Or sneaking over on the buquebus from Colonia.. but no problem here for me.. I'll just spend all of my tourist $$ in Uruguay.
Old Dec 24, 12, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by EZETravel View Post
I Love Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls. I like this idea...now I can just pay ahead of time and be done with it! The US government is just as harsh toward citizens of South America so I understand why Argentina does this. As a U.S. traveler, even with the fess in South America, I will go there before Europe for tourism as it is so much cheaper in South America and the people are amazing there!!
Old Dec 24, 12, 7:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

As this is Argentina-specific and not airline-specific, it has been relocated to the Argentina Forum.

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Dec 24, 12, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWATWA View Post
I Love Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls. I like this idea...now I can just pay ahead of time and be done with it! The US government is just as harsh toward citizens of South America so I understand why Argentina does this. As a U.S. traveler, even with the fess in South America, I will go there before Europe for tourism as it is so much cheaper in South America and the people are amazing there!!
South America isn't applying the fee. Argentina is applying the fee. Apparently you haven't been to Buenos Aires lately... it's more expensive than a lot of European cities...oh, wait...according to its honest government that can't be true...there's no inflation.

Furthermore, I don't think the Argentines treat tourists well at all. It's a constant ripoff.

Finally, this government **is** stupid and is shooting itself in the foot.
Old Dec 25, 12, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Yes the fee is only fair but way they implemented it in the first place was the daftest thing they ever did. At least now there can be no confusion.

Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
Furthermore, I don't think the Argentines treat tourists well at all. It's a constant ripoff. .
Care to expand?
Old Dec 25, 12, 9:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
Previous fee payments still valid for 10 years?

I received a receipt for the fee that was valid for 10 years stapled in my passport. Does anyone know if these are still valid?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: