"Coming Pre-payment Of Reciporcity Fees For BA Airports Needed Before Flight"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Coming Pre-payment Of Reciporcity Fees For BA Airports Needed Before Flight"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Pre-payment Reciporcity Fees ALL ENTRY POINTS FROM JAN 7, 2013, Needed Before Flight

THIS NOW SHOULD READ FOR ALL ENTRY POINTS, LAND, SEA OR AIR, AS OF JANUARY 7, 2013 http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi.../?noticia=1632 (so far, in Spanish only) ...edit

Also, they will continue to collect the fees at AEP and EZE on arrival until Dec 28.

Copied and pasTed from lonely planet forum post:

I expect the airlines will have to check this before allowing boarding for flights to BA. There are going to be a lot of shocked people holding non-refundable tickets they cannot use when this kicks in I suppose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMING PRE-PAYMENT OF RECIPROCITY FEES NEEDED BEFORE FLIGHT
Another reason to fly into Argentina from Santiago to Mendoza or from Sao Paulo to Cordoba or enter by land or sea, as reciprocity fees only payable on landing on international flights into the two BA airports for Canadians , Australians and Americans. it does not apply to any other nationalities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes to Payment Method For Reciprocity Fee Visa, by Hugh Davies, 18 September 2012.
The National Immigration Agency has changed the method by which tourists and business visitors from the US, Canada, and Australia will be required to pay in order to gain visa entry to Argentina. The reciprocity fee will shortly no longer be payable at the airport upon arrival. Instead the payment must be carried out online, prior to arrival, using the credit card based Provincia Payment System.
The system will be effective as of 28th December 2012 for Ezeiza International Airport and AEP. A press release clearly states that “after these dates cash payments will not be accepted at the airport”.
The change in payment method follows a decision to increase the fee for US citizens from US$140 to US$160, which came into effect in April of this year.
A press release from the US state department offers these instructions for how to pay the reciprocity fee online:
1) Enter the web site www.migraciones.gov.ar or www.provinciapagos.com.ar of Provincia Pagos and register to start the process.
2) Complete the form with the corresponding personal and credit card information.
3) Print the payment receipt.
4) On arrival in Argentina, this printed receipt must be presented at Immigration Control. The receipt will be scanned by the Immigration officials, the information will be checked, and the traveller’s entry to the country registered.
http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...city-fee-visa/
------------------------------------------------
confirmed by Argentina government web site
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...ciprocidad.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A past posted summary of the regulations and effect of the Reciprocity Fees:

Reciprocity Fees for Americans for BA airport arrivals now $US 160
US passport user reciprocity fees f just rose to $US 160, as of April 16, 2012:

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_va...n_845_2012.pdf

This is in response to recent US visa charge raise in US.

Increases also in Chile reciprocity fees for Santiago airport international arrivals, as well as visa charge increases in Brazil, Paraguay and Bolivia.
The trouble is that they keep changing the rules in Argentina to try to "reciprocate" the changes in Australia , Canada and the US. This is the reason for conflicting advice, even from different official Argentine agencies. It is often hard to keep the changes straight.

The actual regulations and changes are listed on this page, under Tasas de Reciprocidad.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?tasas

The latest applicable to Australians on the list :

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_va..._2379_2010.pdf

"1- Para nacionales australianos: el pago de la tasa será válido para múltiples
ingresos durante un plazo de UN (1) año desde la fecha del primer ingreso."

This latest measure means Australians do now get multiple entries for their $US 100 fee, but it only lasts one year from the first entry after payment, after which you need to pay again.

A later regulation changes it for Canadians, who now only get a single entry for their $US 75 fee.
(http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_va...n_931_2011.pdf)

Americans still get multiple entries for 10 years (transferable to a new passport if you show your old one) for their
$US 160.
---------------
Since the question is continuously asked. let me repeat the fees are ONLY payable for international air arrival at the two Buenos Airies airports UNTIL JANUARY 7, 2013, NOT for international arrival by air at any other airport (such as Mendoza, Cordoba or Salta), and NOT to arrival by land, road or sea.

It does NOT have to be paid to exit from anywhere, as it is only an entry fee.

Last edited by fervorpitch; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:28 am Reason: change in law
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fervorpitch
Copied and pasted from lonely planet forum post:

I expect the airlines will have to check this before allowing boarding for flights to BA. There are going to be a lot of shocked people holding non-refundable tickets they cannot use when this kicks in I suppose.
Airlines have been able to follow ESTA regulation when travelling from EU to US without many incidents, why this would be any different? Although the regulation is confusing, most non-FTers have never heard of the exceptions...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Makes a lot of sense and will save some time on arrival. I suspect they'll still offer a facility for paying the fee on arrival for those who haven't pre-paid.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
The instructions on the provinciapagos.com site for paying the reciprocity fees are written in the worst English I have seen from a government department:

Reprocity Rates

The Direction National of Migration (DNM) has incorporated to the “Reciprocity Rates” a new method of payment through the Provincia Pagos payment systems.
The citizens of United States, Canada and Australia can pay this so-called "Reciprocity Rates" to travel to Argentina, which will be charged through website www.migraciones.gov.ar or www.provinciapagos.com.ar by credit card before the citizen gets in Argentina.

How can I pay the Reciprocity Rate?

1) The traveler must enter the Web the Provincia Pagos www.provinciapagos.com.ar and registrer to start de process
2) Complete the form with the corresponding personal and credit card information. The information provided by the traveler and the income code is sent to the DNM online.
3) Print the payment receipt
4) Upon arrival Argentine territory, goes to the DNM Office and presents the printed ticket
5) The ticket is scanned by the NMD staff; the data are validated and you are allowed to enter the country
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Makes a lot of sense and will save some time on arrival. I suspect they'll still offer a facility for paying the fee on arrival for those who haven't pre-paid.
Timatic seems to indicate that paying on arrival will only be possible until Oct 31/Dec 28 for arrival at AEP/EZE.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
"4) On arrival in Argentina, this printed receipt must be presented at Immigration Control. The receipt will be scanned by the Immigration officials, the information will be checked, and the traveller’s entry to the country registered"

I am glad the paid sticker on my passport is good for another 8 years and don't have to deal with holding on to the printed receipt. It can be a pain-in-the-a$$ to hold on to it for future trips. I am sure at some point, someone will lose the receipt and might have to pay the fee again.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by fervorpitch
Another reason to fly into Argentina from Santiago to Mendoza or from Sao Paulo to Cordoba or enter by land or sea, as reciprocity fees only payable on landing on international flights into the two BA airports for Canadians , Australians and Americans. it does not apply to any other nationalities.
My take is the reason only AEP and EZE collects the fee is other aiports have much fewer US, Canadian, and Australian travelers and not cost effective to set up money collection there. But once the pre-payment is up and running and no additional logistic requirement, other airports might require the pre-payment too.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Arent the airlines going to have to start enforcing the payment of this before boarding....?????
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
My take is the reason only AEP and EZE collects the fee is other aiports have much fewer US, Canadian, and Australian travelers and not cost effective to set up money collection there. But once the pre-payment is up and running and no additional logistic requirement, other airports might require the pre-payment too.
Good point........
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:10 pm

The US Embassy in Argentina posted the message here on 18 SEP 2012:

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warden_messages.html
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Arent the airlines going to have to start enforcing the payment of this before boarding....?????
Officially it is not a visa. Unless the airline will be fined, can they deny a passenger to board the plane without the pre-paid receipt?

I sure hope AEP and EZE will have a computer terminal with internet access and printer at immigration for those passengers without pre-paid receipt.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would think not because many people might have onward international travel.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would think not because many people might have onward international travel.
Well.. this is going to be interesting....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well.. this is going to be interesting....
Only to the extent that people haven't paid when they arrive. When I traveled through GRU sans visa, proof of my onward immediate travel (at boarding) was sufficient.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It all makes sense.

CAI has a buy on arrival entry stamp and the hassle that causes at some god-awful hour of the day when arriving is hellish. This new system is a good one for those that have to pay the fee at EZE/AEP. It'll be one less thing to queue for on arrival.
Any sensible traveller should check beforehand what documentation is needed when travelling to an unfamiliar country anyway. If they don't then they've only themselves to blame to be honest. Maybe they could slap an extra charge on if they arrive without one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.