Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Can I see Penguins from Ushuaia in the first week of October?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

Is there a way that I can see penguins in the first week of October while in Ushuaia? My travel agent is saying no, so I want to confirm if that is correct.

Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:41 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Im not a Penguin expert, but as far as I recall November is a litle early to see them, I think you December or Jan is better. The parks are open but it would be rar to see many animals that early in the "Summer" season.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I think it's too early, but your best bet is to email Pira Tour and inquire:
http://www.piratour.com.ar/indexEnglish.php
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Peak time near Punta Arenas (in Chile) seems to be around the end of the year - I've been down there a few times right around the Xmas to New Year period. (The penguins appear to be the same, but they are not so neurotic and don't need any sort of psychoanalysis during their lives. You'll also note that they don't suffer from anorexia or undergo plastic surgery. Their lives are much simpler than that of the Usuhuia penguin.)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Peak time near Punta Arenas (in Chile) seems to be around the end of the year - I've been down there a few times right around the Xmas to New Year period. (The penguins appear to be the same, but they are not so neurotic and don't need any sort of psychoanalysis during their lives. You'll also note that they don't suffer from anorexia or undergo plastic surgery. Their lives are much simpler than that of the Usuhuia penguin.)
The pinguinos at Punta Tombo do seem to suffer from occasional bouts of bulimia though, especially if you get too close!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.