Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa America 2011 - inagural match this evening

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:03 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I think the Paraguay game was the best so far..... not because of the play on the field but rather because of two specific spectators. Why is it that I dont think Im the only one that noticed.....?

Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think the Paraguay game was the best so far..... not because of the play on the field but rather because of two specific spectators. Why is it that I dont think Im the only one that noticed.....?

I never saw that game.

A couple of hotties was it?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I didnt call them hotties..... but to each his own....

http://www.canchallena.com/1386873-t...rissa-riquelme

(be sure to close the ads that may come up to see the pictures)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:14 am

Larissa is extremely well known here in the US thanks to the pictures from the last world cup of her cell phone being kept in a very appealing place (I can't open the link from work, but I would assume that picture is in the set)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Im not talking about Larissa................. its actually about two Larissa wanna-bes....
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:20 pm

^

Certainly more entertaining than what's been happening on the pitch.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:55 pm

Im not talking about Larissa................. its actually about two Larissa wanna-bes....
I see that now that I won't have the site blocked. The part of the URL I could see was implying it was Larissa again

They definitely are wanna-bes and I agree with you that I wouldn't use the term 'hottie' (but to each their own)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:39 pm

So was Argentina that bad or was Colombia that good? Certainly Colombia had the best chances of goal.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
So was Argentina that bad or was Colombia that good? Certainly Colombia had the best chances of goal.
Another poor advert for South/Central American football to be honest.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:55 pm

Japan were invited but could not make it, perhaps we can get Scotland to participate next time.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:32 am

Japan were invited but could not make it, perhaps we can get Scotland to participate next time.
Scotland would only bring it down to an even lower level.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Argentina just had another sorry sorry lame lame game..... what a disgrace. Colombia played quite well and didnt have the cojones to win it.... they should have won the match 2 - 0 if they had capitalized on all the chances.

I guess its also fair to say that the Argentine keeper (Romero) had a very good match.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Yes.... its a shame the Japanese did not come down. They may have had a chance at the finals....
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Scotland would only bring it down to an even lower level.
Doode... with the play from La Seleccion... I would put some money on the skirt wearing boys to win against the current band of punks...

I say have the sub-17 squad play and bench all these lazy mfers with their fat Euro and Sterling accounts.....

Perhaps Costa Rica will kick Bolivia nicely today and make sure Argentina does not make it to the second round.... similar to the River Plate fiasco, perhaps an elimination with disgrace will be a catalyst for some proper change at the AFA. Maybe it can lay the foundation for Don Corleone to get expelled from Viamonte street.... if this could work, I would gladly palate an elimination of the team right now.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:29 pm

Doode... with the play from La Seleccion... I would put some money on the skirt wearing boys to win against the current band of punks...

I didn't enjoy last nights game at all. As if the game wasn't bad enough the TV picture was pathetic.I could hardly see what was happening on the far touch line....was it foggy or were the floodlights like the team not on full power?As if that wasn't bad enough the screen had endless CK propaganda flashing across it....then there was the commentators who wouldn't shut up with their endless drivel.
Why didn't Argentina play all their games in Buenos Aires? I think they are finding it hard playing outside of the capital.....that pitch looked kind of small to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.