Wiki Posts
Search

BA/La Plata Flooding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
BA/La Plata Flooding

I will be flying to BA on 4/16 & only have 1 checked bag, which means as AA EXP, I can bring 2 other bags with clothes, linens, towels, etc. Is there a collection going on with AA, LAN or Hyatt though which I could coordinate my donations for flood victims?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Perhaps Gaucho has some "on the ground" knowledge. In any event, if you bring things, make sure the packaging and tags are off, lest you get hit with duty on importing new goods worth over $300.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/donaciones

City government site for donation points.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:09 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by travelsavant
I will be flying to BA on 4/16 & only have 1 checked bag, which means as AA EXP, I can bring 2 other bags with clothes, linens, towels, etc. Is there a collection going on with AA, LAN or Hyatt though which I could coordinate my donations for flood victims?
Very nice of you to think of the victims.

I think that the drop-off points listed above in the link are your best bet. The City is now coordinating with the relief efforts of the La Plata so there is no need for you to travel over to La Plata.

My Hat goes off to you for your initiative... ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

My thanks to Eastbay1k for the very useful links & to Gaucho100k too, as I want to donate good things to those in need. Glad that I can do easy drops!

And no, nothing is "new", as I have washed all the linens, towels, etc.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Perhaps Gaucho has some "on the ground" knowledge. In any event, if you bring things, make sure the packaging and tags are off, lest you get hit with duty on importing new goods worth over $300.
Absolutely - all my "donations" are gently used, which means I've removed all tags & washed them all!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by travelsavant
My thanks to Eastbay1k for the very useful links & to Gaucho100k too, as I want to donate good things to those in need. Glad that I can do easy drops!
Feel free to PM me if you have some free time during your trip, I would be very happy to treat you to a few glasses of Malbec... ^
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Feel free to PM me if you have some free time during your trip, I would be very happy to treat you to a few glasses of Malbec... ^
Would love to finally meet you & get some leads for my Mendoza stay! PM sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.