Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Felices Fiestas - Seasons Greetings !!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Felices Fiestas - Seasons Greetings !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

what are fried haggis...?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
what are fried haggis...?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

ah.... ok, so I have pictures from the asado yesterday... how can I post them using FT mobile...?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:56 am

[
ah.... ok, so I have pictures from the asado yesterday... how can I post them using FT mobile...?
No idea....best waiting till you have access to a real computer then you can stop playing with the toy.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I use a mobile device so I can be outside in the sun....

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Dec 26, 2010 at 2:42 pm
Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:44 am

I use a mobile device so I can be outside in the sun.... :cool;
Anything but cool......too bloody hot for me!!!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Grilling and jumping in the swimming pool go well with this weather...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:28 pm

Grilling and jumping in the swimming pool go well with this weather...
I don't like water so I just have to make do with drinking ice cold beer to keep me cool when I am on parrilla duty. ^
I told the wife that we'll make do with just having a large picada at New Year if it doesn't get any cooler.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I don't like water so I just have to make do with drinking ice cold beer to keep me cool when I am on parrilla duty. ^
I told the wife that we'll make do with just having a large picada at New Year if it doesn't get any cooler.
It was a lovely day on the right side (facing south) of the cordillera this afternoon, although a bit unseasonably overcast. I'll wait until the worst of your verano del infierno passes before I fly east.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It was a lovely day on the right side (facing south) of the cordillera this afternoon, although a bit unseasonably overcast. I'll wait until the worst of your verano del infierno passes before I fly east.
Seems to have cooled down a touch in the capital with the help of a breeze coming off the water. We are three degrees hotter with no sign of any change coming in the next few days.....we desperately need some rain. I'd stay where you are for the time being.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:48 am
Original Poster

The news this morning spoke of somewhat cooler weather for NYE... I will be again on (shared) parrilla duty as we are getting together with another 4 families and will be grilling a lamb, 2 suckling pigs and some traditional asado de tira....

rrrrruuulllpsssss !!!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:26 am

The news this morning spoke of somewhat cooler weather for NYE... I will be again on (shared) parrilla duty as we are getting together with another 4 families and will be grilling a lamb, 2 suckling pigs and some traditional asado de tira....

rrrrruuulllpsssss !!!
You will need to post some pictures of that. I love the suckling pig done on the parrilla. I have some pictures of one I did with the help of a mate of mine....must see if I can find them.

Glad it's going to get cooler.....it was 28c at midnight here. Our house due to it's design won't allow for air condition units in every room so it can be a bit sweaty. Thankfully the bedroom has one which makes sleeping far more comfortable.
I do suffer from the heat so this is not my favourite time of the year I have to say. Although the climate is wonderful outwith the summer period I have to say. I just need to persuade the wife to move to the St Martin de Los Andes area where the climate is more sympathetic to a northern European....the fishing is good as well. ^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Ok... so how the heck do I post pictures here, cant I just copy and past or do I have to load them up to a url first...??
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:41 am

Ok... so how the heck do I post pictures here, cant I just copy and past or do I have to load them up to a url first...??
Read this post from the trip reports forum.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
we desperately need some rain. I'd stay where you are for the time being.
I'm off to PMC (Puerto Montt) tomorrow where the forecast is for a lovely 22 and sunny. From Santiago, it has been looking like strong tormentas en la cordillera the past couple of days (the typical summer view from here). You have 3 days to improve your weather, but the forecast isn't looking that lovely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.