Search

Argentina is now Closed, mostly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Argentina is now Closed, mostly

... until 27 Oct at 20:00. Hoping the buzzer doesn't buzz too early in the morning, as I drink a glass of Vino Pecado. I thought it was fitting.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
... until 27 Oct at 20:00. Hoping the buzzer doesn't buzz too early in the morning, ...
But you'll still be wanting a wake up call at 8:00, right? I'm certain I have your number Sure is quiet in my barrio this morning.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I went fishing. ^
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I went fishing. ^
Fish, in La Argentina?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles
Get out of buenos aires and explore the rest of the country! There are 100 kilo dorados in the Parana river a few blocks from my house. Huge surubi too. There's great trout fishing in other parts of the country. And the people eat the fish two, sometimes even as the entree
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Fish, in La Argentina?
Where I live if one wishes to eat anything other than merluza one has to go out and catch it yourself.

Originally Posted by KurtD
Get out of buenos aires and explore the rest of the country! There are 100 kilo dorados in the Parana river a few blocks from my house. Huge surubi too. There's great trout fishing in other parts of the country. And the people eat the fish two, sometimes even as the entree
Ah yes dorado....sporting fish of the he-man. Not really my favourite type of fishing I have to say.
I have been down in Patagonia where the real piscatorial art takes place. With nothing more than a light rod and line with a fly on the end one can do battle with some of the finest game fish on this planet. They do mostly operate a catch and release system so no taking of fish allowed or you'll find yourself being slapped about the face with your dead trout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.