Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Aeroparque AEP reopened 1 December 2010 (updated title)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroparque AEP reopened 1 December 2010 (updated title)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:36 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
AR continues to do LAN amazing favours..... I spoke to my friend who is with LAN's local management and he tells me that their birds are all flying out with 100% occupancy.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
AR continues to do LAN amazing favours..... I spoke to my friend who is with LAN's local management and he tells me that their birds are all flying out with 100% occupancy.
Indeed....LAN certainly helped a couple of passengers last night who had suffered bereavements and had to get to their destinations. ^
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yeah, I read about that... its clear that LAN aside from offering an excellent in-flight product is an all round professional company... kudos to them and to the now president of Chile, who was one of the founding fathers of the new LAN.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What a mess

Hey folks,

So AEP is closed for repairs, a month after they said, and now they are estimating it'll take 30 days, even though before they said 50. Who really thinks it'll be done in time for the holiday AEP-PDE flights?

What got my attention was what happened after closing AEP. So Austral, LAN, and Aerolineas flights got moved to EZE, and the smaller airlines got send to palomar. Upon arriving in EZE one of the Austral pilots got in a fight with one of the Aerolineas pilots.

Then the Aerolineas pilots went on strike, shutting down all of their domestic flights, because of the fight. What kind of union holds a wildcat strike because on of their members got in a fight with a member of a rival union?!

It get's better, so all of the passengers are finding out their flights are canceled and they're pissed. First a football (soccer) star start's taking swing's at Aerolineas employees and manages to deck one of them.

Another group of 60 passengers decide to go even further, they occupy a plane and hold a sit-in, demanding to be flown to Tucumán! Eventually the striking Aerolineas employees manage to negotiate with the striking / plane occupying passengers, offering them lunch, if they'll hand over the plane.

It would be hard to invent a story as fantastic as the reality which has gone down in the argentine airline industry this week.

Wednesday i'm flying to EZE, hopefully things have calmed down by then.

-rabble
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
The government has now admitted that the operational capacity of EZE has been exceeded ... incompetence at its finest!

El Gobierno admitió que se superó la capacidad operativa de Ezeiza
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1322360
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by rabble
It would be hard to invent a story as fantastic as the reality which has gone down in the argentine airline industry this week.
Just looks like another normal day at AR to me.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Just looks like another normal day at AR to me.
Hurry, get more paint!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS
Has anyone been able to confirm if passengers arriving on domestic flights are now having to pay the entrance fee at EZE? My only flight into EZE is a domestic LAN flight from IGR. I am assuming that passengers on flights rerouted to El Palomar are still avoiding the fee while all flights rerouted to EZE are now getting hit. Does anyone know yet?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rabble
So AEP is closed for repairs, a month after they said, and now they are estimating it'll take 30 days, even though before they said 50. Who really thinks it'll be done in time for the holiday AEP-PDE flights?
I'd be amazed if AEP re-opens on schedule. Any reason u started a new thread on this rather than posting in the existing one?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JrcWy
Has anyone been able to confirm if passengers arriving on domestic flights are now having to pay the entrance fee at EZE? My only flight into EZE is a domestic LAN flight from IGR. I am assuming that passengers on flights rerouted to El Palomar are still avoiding the fee while all flights rerouted to EZE are now getting hit. Does anyone know yet?
If you're on a domestic arrival you won't be going through immigration so won't have to pay the reciprocity fee.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:27 pm

They added to the chaos today as the LAN FAs went on strike... the Labour Department stepped in and they resumed normal operations, but for 4 hours it was 100% chaos again at EZE....
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:31 pm

They added to the chaos today as the LAN FAs went on strike... the Labour Department stepped in and they resumed normal operations, but for 4 hours it was 100% chaos again at EZE....
Let's hope that was a one off.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just the 4M FAs, correct?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just the 4M FAs, correct?
Looking at the SCL website, it appears that only the 4xxx flights had issue earlier today, so I'd expect it was 4M only.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:45 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

Yes, it was only the LAN FA's and Pursers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.