Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Liquids purchased airside not allowed onboard @ EZE?

Old Jul 8, 10, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold

I forgot to post this earlier. Just got back from EZE - flew out on Sunday night.

Purchased a soda at the vending machine for the flight. At the gate boarding flight to IAD, we are subject to a secondary search at the tables. The agent stated that I may not bring my drink onboard. I said that it was purchased airside, after security but he said the rules were different in Argentina than in the US.

No arguments, it wasn't a big deal. I was just surprised. Is this accurate?
Old Jul 8, 10, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.1 MM
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I forgot to post this earlier. Just got back from EZE - flew out on Sunday night.

Purchased a soda at the vending machine for the flight. At the gate boarding flight to IAD, we are subject to a secondary search at the tables. The agent stated that I may not bring my drink onboard. I said that it was purchased airside, after security but he said the rules were different in Argentina than in the US.

No arguments, it wasn't a big deal. I was just surprised. Is this accurate?
Yes, it's been that way for years. Only duty-free purchases that are delivered on the jetway are the exception.

John
Old Jul 8, 10, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Quite common in a few airports around the world I'm afraid where there are gate checks.
Old Jul 9, 10, 9:41 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/21.2.045; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

me thinks this is only for US bound flights... at least at EZE...
Old Jul 9, 10, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
that's pretty odd given that the US doesn't even have the same regulations!
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
that's pretty odd given that the US doesn't even have the same regulations!
These are US regulations for US-bound flights.
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
It has been going on for years at EZE; I think it is only for US bound flights; I did not see this happen on South American bound or Asia bound flights from EZE.
Same thing happened to me in Amsterdam on a KLM US bound flight
Old Jul 9, 10, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This has been happening since the liquids rule came into play. It even has an effect of me filling up a stainless water bottle and bringing it aboard. I once had to chugalug a quart of water, the bottle is 30$ lol!

I have found airport rules in South America to be a random mix and match of US rules in general. With no reason behind much of it.

Cheers!
Old Jul 9, 10, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by keisari View Post
It has been going on for years at EZE; I think it is only for US bound flights; I did not see this happen on South American bound or Asia bound flights from EZE.
Same thing happened to me in Amsterdam on a KLM US bound flight
I know there are random gate checks for LHR as well as SYD bound flights although I'm not sure if they confiscate liquids over the max amount permitted if found.
It would seem to be a over reaction if it's for USA bound flights only. If it is I guess it's the the Yanks making the rules and the EZE security staff just have to comply with them.
Old Jul 10, 10, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I know there are random gate checks for LHR as well as SYD bound flights although I'm not sure if they confiscate liquids over the max amount permitted if found.
It would seem to be a over reaction if it's for USA bound flights only. If it is I guess it's the the Yanks making the rules and the EZE security staff just have to comply with them.
Same thing happens to everyone @ SCL and LIM.

Search this Thread