Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Help to narrow down list of BA restaurants to visit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help to narrow down list of BA restaurants to visit?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Cantina a Los Amigos reviews anyone?
Old May 26, 2010, 4:20 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Cantina a Los Amigos reviews anyone?
Ah..... this place sounds like one that was in Costanera Norte..... what location are you talking about...?
Old May 26, 2010, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
La Chacra is a tourist trap. I would avoid this one. Check out the place next door though. I think its La'liance or something similar.
La Chacra and La Estancia were both good, but I gotta say that the food at La Estancia was much, much better. There was also a place across the street that I can't remember the name that was pretty good. Everything was chargrilled - nice steaks and chicken. As soon as you walked into the door, there was a grill on the right behind a counter. No smoked meat on display though. Maybe somebody here will know the name of it.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Pura Tierra
Sottovoce Libertador

Happening Costanera
M Buenos Aires
+1 on Pura Tierra and Sottovoce Libertador. We had two of our best meals in BA at these 2 establishments.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by imm2b
+1 on Pura Tierra and Sottovoce Libertador. We had two of our best meals in BA at these 2 establishments.
I hate to be the one negative voice regarding Pura Tierra, but we had a disappointing meal here last week. Everything was beautifully presented, the service was fantastic, the wine pours were generous, but each course (except for the desserts) was missing salt and acid. For lack of a better word, each course just tasted "blah". We wondered if this was a difference between our palates and the Argentine palate, but we had so many other outstanding meals on the trip that we chalked it up to an off-night. We later found out that Martin, the chef and owner, was not in-house that night.

The desserts, however, were outstanding.

Another nice note is that this was one of the most attractive restaurants I've ever been in.

A note for those considering the 8 course tasting menu - courses 3-6 were each almost the size of a main at any other restaurant, so go hungry!

We'll definitely give it another shot next time we're in BA.

Other great meals we had on this trip were a wonderful lunch at Social Paraiso (a favorite from our last visit), and an outstanding (and amazingly cheap) dinner at Sarkis. Empanadas from San Juanino were perfect and addictive.

Last edited by mhdousa; May 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 9:46 am

Good pizza:cheap, terrible service and way too busy at prime times: El Cuartitio: Talcahuano 937, CENTRO.
Old May 29, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by best
Good pizza:cheap, terrible service and way too busy at prime times: El Cuartitio: Talcahuano 937, CENTRO.
Good point.... this is a must visit place for those that want an authentic Buenos Aires pizza eatery experience... but you must go with the right level of expectations regarding ambiance, service, noise level, etc.
Old May 29, 2010, 5:46 pm

My better half and I went to M Buenos Aires yesterday after a function at the Teatro Colon... very cool place, very trendy atmosphere, good for people watching. Very good wine list and an excellent Sommeliere.... and the food is also quite good, with some dishes being very good. The Sushi is very good for EZE standards, which is not saying very much but for those that dont go for the Dead Cow or Italian options.... the Sushi will be acceptable.
Old May 30, 2010, 5:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x320)

Nemo is great for Fresh Fish...
Old May 31, 2010, 3:25 pm

Gaucho is correct, and also a must visit at least once.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Good point.... this is a must visit place for those that want an authentic Buenos Aires pizza eatery experience... but you must go with the right level of expectations regarding ambiance, service, noise level, etc.
Old May 31, 2010, 5:46 pm

Of course, the true Buenos Aires Pizza experience was (?) Pirillo.... on Defensa... but I dont know if they are still open...
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Carbon
Not for exceptional food - but for exceptional ambiance and for a time machine to the past try Cafe Tortoni. It's a perfect stop during a stroll down Avenue de Mayo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.