Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Best way to get from EZE international airport to AEP (Jorge Newbery)

Old Apr 28, 10, 2:51 am
Original Poster

I will be visiting Argentina in May. My wife and I will fly into Ezeiza International airport in the morning. We arrive ~8am and then we have a flight out of AEP to Patagonia at 1530. What would you recommend to be the best bet to get to AEP from EZE? Would Remis taxi be the best? Any other options? We were thinking of getting to AEP and checking in our luggage and getting our boarding passes and then seeing if we have enough time to catch a lunch in Palermo/Recoleta before getting back to the airport. Thanks for the help guys.
Old Apr 28, 10, 8:44 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Probably Remis. Safe, Secure and very fast. I think there may even be scheduled Buses or transports from one airport to another, which might be a cheaper option then a Private Remis.

Being there for almost two weeks (and doing the Patagonia/Calafate thing as well), the timeline is doable but you always have to be mindful of some traffic kaos that is always a possibility.
Old Apr 28, 10, 10:45 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
If you want a luxury option, contact Fred of SilverStar... he has a Lincoln Town Car Service.... one of the best upscale limo services in Buenos Aires.... ^
Old Apr 29, 10, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Great thanks for the comments guys. Gaucho, I'm just looking for a standard transportation/shuttle. No need to spend more $$ than needed for this particular item.
Old Apr 29, 10, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
With that much time, shuttle bus will be good enough. Maybe you can even walk around where you change bus in Bs As (one end of Avenida Florida) inbetween.
Old Apr 29, 10, 9:00 am

In that case I would just use the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle or car service.... that should be good enough.
Old Apr 29, 10, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Yeah with ~7hrs of time, I think Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle or similar would be the best bet for the two of us. Even if customs takes 1-1.5hrs, that should still give us plenty of time to get across town, check our luggage in and find somewhere to eat lunch.

I looked on Manuel Tienda Leon's website but didn't find the answer. Does the shuttle from EZE to AEP go direct? Or is there a significant stop somewhere in town?
Old May 1, 10, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Thanks everyone! Yeah with ~7hrs of time, I think Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle or similar would be the best bet for the two of us. Even if customs takes 1-1.5hrs, that should still give us plenty of time to get across town, check our luggage in and find somewhere to eat lunch.

I looked on Manuel Tienda Leon's website but didn't find the answer. Does the shuttle from EZE to AEP go direct? Or is there a significant stop somewhere in town?
As there are two of you I wouldn't even bother with the bus.....just take a taxi.
Old May 4, 10, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
As there are two of you I wouldn't even bother with the bus.....just take a taxi.
Very good point... with two shuttle tickets to pay, the potential savings vs. a private car is negligible... ^
Old May 5, 10, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for all the help. ^ We will go with taxi as that is probably the most efficient manner.
Old May 11, 10, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PG
What is the average remis fare between AEP and EZE? I'll be doing that at the end of this month. Found an older thread (2004-2009) that put the fare at $78-98ARS this time last year. Is that still about right? Thanks.
Old May 14, 10, 2:56 pm

I dont think you can find fares below AR$115-120 unless you are willing to share a car.... I will however defer to the other board regulars that use these services more than I do.
Old May 14, 10, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.16 MM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
I dont think you can find fares below AR$115-120 unless you are willing to share a car.... I will however defer to the other board regulars that use these services more than I do.
That's in the ballpark. I took a taxi from EZE to our apartment in Las Canitas (which is close to, and about the same distance to AEP), for 120 pesos this morning (including tip).

John
Old May 14, 10, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
You may also want to look at Dante. He is a private driver I've used a few times and have liked a lot. He speaks excellent English, is funny, is a good conversationalist, and also looks out for his customers' well being (on one trip the representative of the apt I was renting was a few minutes late, and he insisted on waiting with me rather than just leaving me and my luggage on the street as a normal taxi would have done).

And he will be driving me back to EZE on Sunday. I believe his current rate is U$S35 each way.

His website is:http://dantesairporttransfers.hazedaze.com/

If you use him, tell him that VPescado said Hi.

Last edited by VPescado; May 15, 10 at 12:21 am
Old May 14, 10, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
I'd second giving Dante a call. I've used him several times on the last two trips to/through BA. His insights into the local scene are also quite good - kind of like having a tour guide without having to take a boring, canned tour.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: