Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Baggage Allowance on Aerolineas

Old Apr 14, 10, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha

I read it is only 15kg/bag for domestic travel.

15kg? WOW. The bag I brought down from Canada was close to 40 kg. anyone know what the excessive baggage fees will be like when I check in on Saturday morning?
Old Apr 15, 10, 12:25 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Its hard to know for sure what will happen... but in my experience, enforcement by AR is very very variable... and I understand that visitors are cut a little more slack than locals on the issue of baggage. Im guessing you will be fine...

Please do come back and report your experience.
Old Apr 23, 10, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
No Problemo with luggage. Took 4 flights BA to Igauzu, Igauzu to BA to Calafate, Calafate to BA.

Was always over the limit, but i always saw them type in 15 kgs into the computer. Go Figure. BUT, I did notice non touristy people(Argentinians?) having to pay for something after they checked in at the Jorge Newberry Aerolines "Cashier".

You could spot tourists a mile away with huge bags and the Locals with small dufflebags to check in. It was pretty funny!
Old Apr 26, 10, 9:32 am

Well... some good new for tourists then.... maybe someone should tell Glen about this so he stops whinnniinnnggggg about the entre fee....?

Old May 10, 10, 10:59 am

Just as another info point... I took my mother in-law this morning to AEP where she flew to Posadas Misiones... she had 3 bags, each weighed at least 20kgs and on of them was 32kgs and the check-in agent didnt even blink.... ok, so she was in "Business Class" but still she was almost 3x over the assigned weight and piece limit and it was ok....

Search this Thread