Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Idealy how many days at Iguazu???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Idealy how many days at Iguazu???

We will be heading to a cruise in Feb 2011 and want to add the Falls post cruise now I am wondering just what would be an ideal time frame and what is simply too short since I probably won't be coming again......

Ok one more thing how bad are the connections are they often late or can I risk like leaving Iguazu say at lunch time and be in Buenos Aires on time for a 9pm flight back to Europe for example or would you generally suggst we be back in BA the day before the flight back to Europe?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by moeve
We will be heading to a cruise in Feb 2011 and want to add the Falls post cruise now I am wondering just what would be an ideal time frame and what is simply too short since I probably won't be coming again......

Ok one more thing how bad are the connections are they often late or can I risk like leaving Iguazu say at lunch time and be in Buenos Aires on time for a 9pm flight back to Europe for example or would you generally suggst we be back in BA the day before the flight back to Europe?
Hi moeve. A search for {iguazu} will throw up many threads with lots of information you will find useful. In short, the general consensus is minimum 1 night if time is tight; 2 nights to get the most out of the experience

If you plan on flying with Aerolineas I would highly recommend (a) that you don't ; and (b) if you do, don't rely on a same day flight to connect to your international flight. I strongly recommend you fly with LAN in which case the chances of a delay/cancellation are much less and certainly no more than for any other flight anywhere in the US/Europe. Make sure you leave enough time to transfer from AEP to EZE which, depending on the time of day and the traffic, can take 1 hour+. Personally, I would allow no less than a 4-hour connection time between the 2 flights and take the previous IGR-AEP flight to the one that would get you there on time. Leaving IGR at lunchtime for a 9pm EZE departure should be fine
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:50 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Amen on 2 nights as being the ideal minimal amount of time.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
ALl the ANTI-Aerolines Chat makes me think NOT to go to the glacier just so I can do LAN from BA to Falls and Back to BA again.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:11 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by morphius909
ALl the ANTI-Aerolines Chat makes me think NOT to go to the glacier just so I can do LAN from BA to Falls and Back to BA again.
...but your thread prompted me to do the following, starting Friday week^:

Code:
Day 1: LA4022
09:05  	Buenos Aires (AEP)  	10:50  	Iguazu (IGR)  	
Day 3: LA4022
15:25 	Iguazu (IGR) 	17:20 	Buenos Aires (AEP)
Day 4: LA4440 
05:40  	Buenos Aires (AEP)  	09:00  	El Calafate (FTE)  	
Day 6: LA4440
09:40 	El Calafate (FTE) 	15:07 	Buenos Aires (AEP)
I've booked 2 nights at Sheraton Iguazu for 4800 SPG pts + USD90/night; o/wise the cheapest rate was USD225 +21% tax per night! I have arranged a private tour to pick us up at El Calafate airport at 9am to go straight to Perito Moreno Glacier + minitrekking, and the following day, will do an all day trip to El Chalten!

Hope, I haven't pushed ourselves too much!!

It was your thread tho that gave me the ideas, thanks...I just have a bit more time than you!!

Last edited by kpc; Feb 22, 2010 at 10:18 pm
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kpc
...but your thread prompted me to do the following, starting Friday week^:....
Glad you managed to get it all arranged. 2 nights at each place is a nice balance and not too rushed. I have no doubt you will have a wonderful time
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Make sure to see both sides. If you like to see big generators a two hour vist to Itaipu is rewarding. Only three Gorges is bigger and it is quite spectacular. You do have the best views anywhere around from your hotel. No matter how great the temptation don't both with the side trip into Paraguay; it is awful with no redeeming value unless you enjoy abject poverty. Also don't miss the boat trips. Although the helicopters are quite expensive the views are amazing and I enjoyed them. If you do that compare the prices in Argentina and Brazil; one or the other tends to be much cheaper, but the prices change frequently. Have fun!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:03 am
Original Poster

We are going to plurge on 2 nights at the Sheraton in the park..... to make the nmost of the trip.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by kpc
...but your thread prompted me to do the following, starting Friday week^:

Code:
Day 1: LA4022
09:05  	Buenos Aires (AEP)  	10:50  	Iguazu (IGR)  	
Day 3: LA4022
15:25 	Iguazu (IGR) 	17:20 	Buenos Aires (AEP)
Day 4: LA4440 
05:40  	Buenos Aires (AEP)  	09:00  	El Calafate (FTE)  	
Day 6: LA4440
09:40 	El Calafate (FTE) 	15:07 	Buenos Aires (AEP)
I've booked 2 nights at Sheraton Iguazu for 4800 SPG pts + USD90/night; o/wise the cheapest rate was USD225 +21% tax per night! I have arranged a private tour to pick us up at El Calafate airport at 9am to go straight to Perito Moreno Glacier + minitrekking, and the following day, will do an all day trip to El Chalten!

Hope, I haven't pushed ourselves too much!!

It was your thread tho that gave me the ideas, thanks...I just have a bit more time than you!!

Oh WOW I"m Jealous!!

You're a full year away as well! I can still do the trip but on Aerolines the flight delays are causing me hesitation to book.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

We spent three nights at Iguacu and found it enough to see everything without rushing about. There are other sights to see and experience in the area apart from the star attraction of the falls.
By the time you get there on your first day you won't have time to do much but relax. Second and third days we had time to see the falls from both sides and took some leisurely walks along the footpaths and also the boat trip to the devils throat.
We also took a trip by open top truck with a guide who gave a talk on the flora and fauna of the jungle pointing out the monkeys amongst other things. A trip to see the Itaipu dam was also squeezed in.
I would definitely give it as much time as you can afford and enjoy it all at a leisurely place.....don't rush it or you will miss out.

Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
We are going to plurge on 2 nights at the Sheraton in the park..... to make the nmost of the trip.
The only way to go, in my view. ^

Go into town one day for dinner though. The buffet at the hotel gets old.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:07 am

Great idea.^
We had a wonderful time at the Sheraton, although we were only there for 1 night. 2 nights would've allowed us to do another hike and maybe see some toucans.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:58 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Hiddy..... how many bottle of Reserva San Juan did the helicopter rental to get the above picture....?????

Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Hiddy..... how many bottle of Reserva San Juan did the helicopter rental to get the above picture....?????

Can't claim it as mine I'm afraid....It wasn't as impressive looking as that when I visited.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
The only way to go, in my view. ^
+1. Would recommend a spluge on a fallsview room at Sheraton Iguazu if you're splurging anyway as it's only a few bucks more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.