Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Various Aerolineas international flights departing from AEP starting 1 March 2010

Various Aerolineas international flights departing from AEP starting 1 March 2010

Old Jan 25, 10, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

According to La Nación, starting March 1, Aerolineas will be authorised to operate international flights to countries bordering Argentina plus Peru from the "domestic" Aeroparque (AEP) airport. Up to now, AEP has only operated domestic flights and flights to Uruguay. Controversially, another airline requested the same rights and were refused.

Here's the link (Spanish only): La Nación

It is unclear whether all AR flights to these countries will move from EZE to AEP in March or whether there will be a gradual transfer over (or, I have to add, being Argentina, whether it will happen at all!!!)

Last edited by britenbsas; Jan 25, 10 at 6:58 pm Reason: Add extra info
Old Jan 25, 10, 7:45 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
There's quite a food fight going on right now.... the competing carriers are crying murder as AR is the only company allowed to do this right now.... LAN has requested to operate from AEP for these regional services and has until now been rejected....

Old Jan 25, 10, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
There's quite a food fight going on right now.... the competing carriers are crying murder as AR is the only company allowed to do this right now.... LAN has requested to operate from AEP for these regional services and has until now been rejected....

SCL/AEP would be a great route. And if the government of Argentina is interested in jobs, they could require only 4M planes fly the route. They are all Argentine registered aircraft. It isn't like people are going to start suddenly flying AR. I think the EZE taxi lobby has more to lose than AR by having other carriers service AEP.
Old Jan 26, 10, 6:48 am

Yes.... all the airlines serving the regional routes of Santiago de Chile, Montevideo, Punta del Este, Asuncion, La Paz, etc. would kill to be able to operate out of AEP.... its an important advantage as you dont have to go all the way out to EZE.
Old Feb 7, 10, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, VS, BA
http://www.moon.com/blogs/south-amer...ays-aeroparque

Here is another story regarding this move to AEP.

Just by doing some quick searches on booking engines like Amex Travel, it looks like the AEP service starts on Mar 15 from some places.

Last edited by yanksgooner; Feb 7, 10 at 9:07 am
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
Yes.... all the airlines serving the regional routes of Santiago de Chile, Montevideo, Punta del Este, Asuncion, La Paz, etc. would kill to be able to operate out of AEP.... its an important advantage as you dont have to go all the way out to EZE.
Isn't Punta del Este already mostly or entirely served out of AEP? I cannot recall seeing regular scheduled flight service from EZE to PDP in years.
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Isn't Punta del Este already mostly or entirely served out of AEP?
Yes. The major change here is the move to AEP for flights to other neighbouring countries and Perú
Old Feb 7, 10, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Should be noted however that some destinations like SCL will still operate from EZE as well as AEP.
Old Feb 8, 10, 4:49 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Should be noted however that some destinations like SCL will still operate from EZE as well as AEP.
Yes... me thinks the MVD connections from longhauls will still be EZE based...
Old Feb 19, 10, 9:27 pm

It looks like Aerolineas is indeed moving flights to AEP. From the story it seems they are moving a whole lot of flights there:

Aerolineas to move 160 weekly flights from Ezeiza to Aeroparque
DATE:19/02/10
SOURCE:Air Transport Intelligence news

Aerolineas Argentinas has set a 14 March move date for transitioning regional international flights from Ezeiza Airport outside Buenos Aires to Aeroparque in the city centre.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...ezeiza-to.html
Old Feb 23, 10, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Does AEP have customs and immigration facilities? I've only taken the boat from BA to Colonia and back and recall that Argentine immigration formalities were handled on the Uruguay side. Also, if an American were to travel from LIM or SCL to AEP, would we still be required to pay the entry fee?
Old Feb 23, 10, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by RxCapt View Post
Does AEP have customs and immigration facilities? I've only taken the boat from BA to Colonia and back and recall that Argentine immigration formalities were handled on the Uruguay side. Also, if an American were to travel from LIM or SCL to AEP, would we still be required to pay the entry fee?
Certainly do have Customs and Immigration facilities. As for the visa fee it seems to be only at EZE at the moment.
Old Feb 23, 10, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Certainly do have Customs and Immigration facilities. As for the visa fee it seems to be only at EZE at the moment.
I've only taken domestic flights out of AEP but good to know. Would seriously consider a LIM or SCL connection if they allow LAN in. If they do let LAN in, it would be nice if they opened up a lounge at AEP for LAN/oneworld passengers.
Old Feb 24, 10, 1:52 pm

The immigration booths at AEP are manned only at times, depending on which flights come in. With the recent change of schedules that will make AEP serve more international routes, I think there may be a more formal division of AEP into two sectors.... although this will depend on the regulators negotiations with the company that has the management contract of both EZE and AEP.... we will see soon enough.
Old Feb 28, 10, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
AEP-GRU and AEP-GIG..... thats sweet to me. They will also fly to POA from Aeroparque.
I've cancelled my next JJ ticket to GRU and will fly AR instead.

Search this Thread